[comp.sys.amiga] HDBackup X1.9!?

hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) (01/05/91)

Can anybody tell me wheter the HDBackUp delivered with the A3000 is
working or not?!  Because I have difficulties making it work (it keep
saying NOT A DOS DISK, I've tried to format etc.  but the same result?!).
This is the third version of the program I've recieved, but I've first
tried it now... to make a long story short :  DOES IT WORK?!

Best Regards,

--
InfoCoast          /\_  Henrik Brinch \ cbmehq!cbmdeo!icoast!hbrinch
Technologies /\   /   \ Kloevervej 7   \ FidoNet 2:230/112.3

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (01/06/91)

<hbrinch.0036@icoast.UUCP> hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) writes:

>Can anybody tell me wheter the HDBackUp delivered with the A3000 is
>working or not?!  Because I have difficulties making it work (it keep
>saying NOT A DOS DISK, I've tried to format etc.  but the same result?!).
>This is the third version of the program I've recieved, but I've first
>tried it now... to make a long story short :  DOES IT WORK?!

	To the best of my knowledge the version of HDBackup as delivered
with the A3000 is not yet functional (I'm pretty sure it says something to
that effect in the Using the System Software manual that came with the
machine).  Apparently, developers have an alpha or beta version that they
are supposed to be testing.
--

-- George L. Skank			|skank@iastate.edu
Fast cars, fast women, fast computers...|

odie@ame.dah.sub.org (Wolfgang Tretter) (01/14/91)

On my A3000 HDBackup X1.9 works. But I think its not worth using. Making a
backup using Hdbackupth compression on needs about 30% more d than
for example Quarterback (uncompressed !).

    * Wolfgang *