[comp.sys.amiga] Capturing CLI output

lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) (01/09/91)

Hi all!

Is there a program out there which will allow a person to capture all the
output to a CLI window to a file or printer?  I assume there must be, it seems
like a common thing...

Assuming there is, where would I find it?  I do not have FTP, but I could use
BITFTP I imagine.  Could some kind soul send me an example of getting this
(hopefully existing) utility from an FTP site using BITFTP?

Thank you very much for any help!!
/ Rockford Lhotka				INCSTAR Corp	       \
| Applications Project Leader			1990 Industrial Blvd   |
| incstar!lhotka@uunet.uu.net         		PO Box 285             |
\ 612/779-1701					Stillwater, MN 55082   /
 -------------Amiga - The computer for the creative mind.--------------

lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) in <2162@incstar.uucp> writes:

	Is there a program out there which will allow a person to capture all
	the output to a CLI window to a file or printer?  I assume there must
	be, it seems like a common thing...

	Assuming there is, where would I find it?

You're looking for ``HardCopy'' on AmigaLibDisk 75 (aka Fish Disk 75).

It has one problem: doesn't work with ConMan (at least not the version I have;
there is a new version of ConMan circa Sep-Dec 1990 but I haven't tried it).

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

vsolanoy@ozonebbs.UUCP (Victor Solanoy) (01/12/91)

lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Is there a program out there which will allow a person to capture all the
> output to a CLI window to a file or printer?  I assume there must be, it seem
> like a common thing...

There's a program called HARDCOPY that allows you to do exactly what you
want but I really don't know where you can get it....

   Victor

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (01/14/91)

vsolanoy@ozonebbs.UUCP (Victor Solanoy) writes:

>lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) writes:

>> Hi all!
>>
>> Is there a program out there which will allow a person to capture all the
>> output to a CLI window to a file or printer?  I assume there must be, it seem
>> like a common thing...
>There's a program called HARDCOPY that allows you to do exactly what you
>want but I really don't know where you can get it....

Also a Program called CB (Console Buffer) I think it's on NewZanth.
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (01/14/91)

In article <yorkw.663794920@stable.ecn.purdue.edu> yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) writes:
>vsolanoy@ozonebbs.UUCP (Victor Solanoy) writes:
>
>>lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) writes:
>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> Is there a program out there which will allow a person to capture all the
>>> output to a CLI window to a file or printer?  I assume there must be, it seem
>>> like a common thing...
>>There's a program called HARDCOPY that allows you to do exactly what you
>>want but I really don't know where you can get it....
>
>Also a Program called CB (Console Buffer) I think it's on NewZanth.
>.
>yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
>Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still
>not know ANYTHING about computers.

HARDCOPY is at abcfd20 in amiga/utils.

Matt Crowd.