[comp.sys.amiga] Govt Office

In article <56900@hqda-ai.UUCP> rdixon@pentagon-ai.ARPA (Roger Dixon) writes:
>Does anyone out there know what the current status is of C= Govt sales
>office, and how they are doing with breaking into the Govt market?  I
>had heard that they had made one sale through Sears I think, has there
>been more?

	The Sears deal was nixed because of several problems with
Sears' bid not meeting specs, in small part including the Amiga
recommendations.
	The latest news is that they are on the GSA. They also
have a showroom, I believe in Reston, VA.

>Standard Disclaimer
>
>DDN:  rdixon@pentagon-ai.army.mil
>CML:  (703) 325-2587

	-- Ethan

	"Don't forget the importance of the family. It begins
with the family. We're not going to redefine the family.
Everybody knows the definition of the family. ... A child. ... A
mother. ... A father. There are other arrangements of the family,
but that is a family and family values."

	-- Dan Quayle, of course. Our beloved Vice President.
	It's just too easy!

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (01/14/91)

In article <56900@hqda-ai.UUCP>, rdixon@hqda-ai.UUCP (Roger Dixon) writes...
^Does anyone out there know what the current status is of C= Govt sales
^office, and how they are doing with breaking into the Govt market?  I
^had heard that they had made one sale through Sears I think, has there
^been more?

I've been called (and have called) the Federal Systems Group at Commodore.  It
is located in Reston (for the DC area...I noticed your Pentagon address) and
unfortunately the business cards I have are located at my other desk.  If you'd
like a contact number email me and I'll send it to you.  As far as I can tell
there is all of one guy dealing with Amiga sales with the remainder pushing the
various PC clones that C= makes.  Most demos get run through a local dealer
(New Age Computers, College Park MD) at least for Goddard.  Not totally
surprising since it is a bit closer than Reston ;-).

GSA pricing is close to Ed prices.  My GSA catalog is over there with the
business cards :-(.  C= has been pushing a bit and there is a 3000UX at Goddard
and people are pretty impressed with it (or so the rep says ;-).

FYI New Age Computers has one of the nicer computer/AV setups that I've seen
for rent.  They have a 2500 w/Toaster and some nice AV gear (genlocks, TBCs,
professional level decks, etc) and rent the facility out for $50/hour.

^
^Standard Disclaimer
^
^DDN:  rdixon@pentagon-ai.army.mil
^CML:  (703) 325-2587

NT

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE/SMEX Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov or xrtnt@vx730.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.