[comp.sys.amiga] leave -MB- ALONE!!!!!

91_bickingd@GAR.UNION.EDU ("Bicking, David") (01/11/91)

Date sent:  10-JAN-1991 18:29:46

>Can anybody out there verify for me that this -MB- entity is in fact a
>human being?  I'm quite serious.  From 'his' pattern of posting, I would
>not be at all suprised to find out that the postings were coming from some
>psychology or sociology student studying the net as a subculture.  It
>would make sense to me that such a student would post messages designed
>to get hostile responses by being wildly inaccurate and intentionally
>provokitive.
>On the other hand, he could just be a maladjusted and misinformed person
>who likes to irritate people.
>On the other (third) hand, so could I.  Oh well.  Cheers!

	First of all, as being someone who was already here when MB first
appeared, I know of what I speak.  Now, I believe it is POSSIBLE that multiple
persons are using a SINGLE account.  However, I also believe that lately -MB-
has been getting flamed entirely too much.  Don't flame him until you read his
post, fer cryin' out loud!  I've seen perfectly good, honest, accurate and pro-
amiga posts from him, and he STILL gets flamed - *SHEESH*

	Uh, Oh... now I've done it... I can already see the next 10 generations
of posts that will evolve from this post....  SIGH...

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
Dave Bicking         	       Single Tasking????? Just say NO!!!!

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan14.175855.12336@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com> dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com (Dave Haverkamp) writes:
                              [...]
>   Some times MB does come up with some very valid points in his posts.  I
>think of him as the young child who always asks "Why?".

I think of him as an emotionally disturbed individual with obsessive
tendencies.  He is a Man-With-A-Mission: to somehow convince everyone
in this newsgroup that his values and desires for the Amiga are the
correct ones.  He *is* like a child in many ways:

1) Foolishness expressed by brash statements reflecting fundamental ignorance.

2) Selfishness expressed by an "I want" list that ignores the constraints
   of the real world.

3) Childish and bitter temper tantrums when reasonable people explain these
   constraints.

4) A one track mind that parrots the same topics over and over until, after
   over a year of reading his silly and inane posts, I already know the
   substance of what he is going to say before he says it.

5) An attitude of self importance that insists that he be the center of
   attention, expressed in sneaky switching of accounts in order to avoid
   the kill files of those who would prefer not to read his posts.  This is
   a fact which he openly confessed to me in personal email.

>                                                            Too many people
>just flame MB without any thought.  I'm tired of seeing, "I'm going to put
>iastate in my kill file" or "MB get the hell out of comp.sys.amiga".

I've never told Marc to get out of comp.sys.amiga.  He is welcome to post
whenever and wherever he pleases.  I have spent more time than I like to
think about reading his posts and giving reasoned responses to them.  There
comes a point when you become convinced that you are wasting your time.
I have reached that point.  His posts have not changed substantively since he
first appeared in this forum.  Therefore all I ask is the opportunity to
ignore his posts, via my kill file.  His efforts to evade the kill file
are what have prompted me to flame him most recently.

You would be surprised to know how much thought preceded many of the flames
you believed to be thoughtless.

>                                                                      People
>like that are more close minded than MB.  At least MB has the courage to
>ask questions.

There is very little ground separating the courageous from the fool.  You
should not be so quick to attribute his forwardness to courage.

>                Are they afraid that his questions will make C= crumble?
>C= has been around for awhile, and should continue to be around in the future.

I can't speak for others in this news group.  I am not afraid of him, though.
I'm just weary of him.
--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.

don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan14.175855.12336@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com> dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com (Dave Haverkamp) writes:
>   Some times MB does come up with some very valid points in his posts.  I
>think of him as the young child who always asks "Why?".  Too many people
>just flame MB without any thought.  I'm tired of seeing, "I'm going to put
>iastate in my kill file" or "MB get the hell out of comp.sys.amiga".  People
>like that are more close minded than MB.  At least MB has the courage to
>ask questions.  Are they afraid that his questions will make C= crumble?
>C= has been around for awhile, and should continue to be around in the future.

	Marc does bring up some valid points, but I think the main objection
against him his the way in which he presents them.  Rather than simply
pointing out something that he thinks is lacking and would be useful to the
Amiga community, he decrees that the Amiga is doomed forever because it
doesn't have product X or capability y.

e.g.
	"Commodore should be working very hard to implement a standard device
independent graphics library so the Amiga can remain competitive in the
graphics market."

	Translates into BarrettSpeak as:

	""Why hasn't Commodore put 24-bit color into every Amiga without change
in price?  Every computer on the market beats the Amiga's graphics!  CBM's
not even working on it!  There's no hope!  All is lost!"

	He also has a tendency to post "facts" whose validity he obviously hasn't
bothered to check on, such as the "Lynx has CMOS Amiga chips, why can't
Commodore be more like Epyx [which, BTW, folded before the Lynx hit
market..]", or his "Under $200 34010-based VGA cards."

--
  Gibberish             Amiga 3000 owner/fanatic
  is spoken             Contact don@brahms.udel.edu for more information.