[comp.sys.amiga] Coding in English

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (01/15/91)

In article <17.278EA88A@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) writes:
> [lots of stuff I have no knowledge of]

>=     plummerd@uregina.ca or plumme@hercules.uregina.ca (BITNET)      =
>=---------------------------------------------------------------------=
>= Amiga__                     | Make it possible for programmer's to  =
>= __  ///  IBMUBMWEALLBM4IBM  | write code in English and you'll soon =
>= \\\///                      | discover that programmers cannot      =
>=  \XX/                       | write in English.                     =

That programmers cannot write in English is already a well known fact.  See
virtually any Unix documentation if you disagree.

On a related note, I realized that the U of A CS graduate program has no
foreign language requirement is that computer science is its own foreign
language.

(to be taken with two ;-) (at least...)

>David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
>UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer
>Domain: David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
>Standard Disclaimers Apply...

Dave Schaumann      | We've all got a mission in life, though we get into ruts;
dave@cs.arizona.edu | some are the cogs on the wheels, others just plain nuts.
		   Science is some peoples calling, others pilot a ship...
		   My mission in life stated simply is a mustache on every lip!
						-Daffy Duck.

In article <669@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:

>That programmers cannot write in English is already a well known fact.  See
>virtually any Unix documentation if you disagree.

That is very hard news for me. Every day I read carefully all this
stuff on the net and try hard to adapt to the Speak here, because
I thought this would be true English. And now you are going to tell
me that I perhaps learn something not perfect???