[comp.sys.amiga] X11

bennete@romana.cs.orst.edu (Erik J. Bennett) (11/30/88)

What is the latest word on X11?  On what system will it run? (2500 {UX},
2000, 1000).
-Erik
---------------------
Erik Bennett
bennete@romana.cs.orst.edu

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (12/01/88)

In article <7639@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> bennete@romana.UUCP (Erik J. Bennett) writes:
>What is the latest word on X11?  On what system will it run? (2500 {UX},
>2000, 1000).

X11 is currently in beta test. Completed about 5 months of alpha testing.
It was showing in the CSA/GfxBase booth at Engineering Workstation
Conference in L.A. this week. The 1008x800 Viking monitor as well as
the A2080 (lp monitor) were being used.

For more information or to be added to my mailing list please email
me directly.

--
Dale Luck     Boing, Inc. {uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale
Although I do contract work for Amiga-LosGatos, my opinions probably

VCONS001%PUCAL.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu (PHI KAPPA THETA) (01/16/91)

        Someone posted a message about a PD version of X11 in the works
which can be found on FTP 128.214.6.100  Unfortunately BITFTP Will no longer
access Scandavian Nodes So I cannot access it.. Is there Somewhere else it
can be found?

Jim Karczewski      |       BIX: ttrdevelopment
Programmer          |    BITNET: JK829055@PUCAL
TTR Development, Inc|  INTERNET: JK829055@PUCAL.BITNET
--------------------- ALTERNATE: JK829055%PUCAL.BITNET@UICVM.UIC.EDU

         " I Refuse to Have a Battle of Wit's With an Unarmed Person! "