[comp.sys.amiga] Is there XEDIT like editor ?

OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) (01/15/91)

Hello,

I want to know is there a XEDIT like text editor for the Amiga?
What is the name of it and where can I find it ? PD or shops ?
(I prefer PD)
Thank you,

Cem Turgay
PROHVK32@TREARN
OEYO8729@TREARN

dailey@frith.uucp (Chris Dailey) (01/16/91)

In article <91014.121237OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET> OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) writes:

>Hello,
>
>I want to know is there a XEDIT like text editor for the Amiga?

Sniff!  Weep!  Waaaaaaaaaa!  Next thing you know, people will be asking
if you there's a WordStar 3.1-like word processor for the Amiga.

--
Chris Dailey   dailey@(frith.egr|cpsin.cps).msu.edu
BRD += DDR;           __  __  ___

In article <1991Jan15.213113.29953@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> dailey@frith.uucp (Chris Dailey) writes:
>In article <91014.121237OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET> OEYO8729@TREARN.BITNET (Cem TURGAY) writes:
>>
>>I want to know is there a XEDIT like text editor for the Amiga?
>
>Sniff!  Weep!  Waaaaaaaaaa!  Next thing you know, people will be asking
>if you there's a WordStar 3.1-like word processor for the Amiga.

For all who like to work with ancient software: Don't ask anymore,
look onto your WB, there you find EDIT. This is from my experience a
100 % copy of an old editor used on our ICL mainframe 20 years ago.
(Could even be used with "punched card interface".)
Well, and the funny things is, I really NEEDED this one already
sometimes because it is the only which *I* managed to work fully
automatically from a script (might be due to my lack of wisdom,
but I didn't succeed with others that should have been also usable).