[comp.sys.amiga] Thanks

derek@uwvax.UUCP (02/17/87)

Thanks to everyone who provided help in converting Deluxe Paint brushes to
C structures.

Wouldn't it be nice if DP had something built in to do this -- let the
user create a sequence of images which it would cycle through to show the
resultant animation, then spit out the C all set for the animation?

I suppose that there are other programs that specialize in this, but it
seems like a minor and very useful extention to a great paint program.

derek

--
Abstract:       Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
Usenet:         ...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax}!uwvax!derek

ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) (05/15/87)

	Thank you to everyone who answered my question about
Intuition programming (the example in the Intuition Reference Manual).
The problem was traced to a variable that apparently may not be renamed!
Thanks again.
---
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP
		barrett@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa

UN040152@WVNVMS.BITNET (02/16/88)

I would like to thank all of the people that responded to my question
about comp-binaries-amiga!!!!  I have finally got a solution...
so again I thank you!

But now I have another question...I am looking for a utility that will
perform either the same thing or close to the same things as
SQUEEZE on the RT-11 operating system...something that will compress
the disk and make all of the free space on a disk contiguous
has anyone seen one or have one that i can get a copy of?????
if so please E-mail it to me or post it , thanks again

michael a. packer
wvu Siemens Project
un040152 @ wvnvaxb

----- you may disclaim what every you like, i do ------
exit

ccemdd@rivm.UUCP (Marco Dedecker) (07/14/89)

I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions
about the 68000 and 68020. The information I got has indeed
been very helpful.

Thanks,

Marco Dedecker

JALLE%MSSTATE.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Jeffrey Roy Allegrezza) (10/04/89)

To all the people who sent me info on Amiga archive servers from bitnet,
thanks a lot.

Jeffrey R. Allegrezza \  "Oh no, I've scotchguarded my head!"
JALLE@MSSTATE.BITNET   \ "You damned anal retentive!"

conca@handel.cs.colostate.edu (michael vincen conca) (11/27/89)

     Thanks to all for helping getting arp.library and VLT running together.
I really appreciate it.

     I was also wondering if I could get help in another area. I can't seem
to get Kermit to work.  I am trying to download a file from a Unix system
(using Sys V).  So far, I have tried the following:
		  I get into kermit interactive mode.
		  I type 'set file type binary'
		  Type 'send file.test'  (this is an Amiga executable)
		  Set VLT's kermit option of packet size to 90
		     (this is what kermit on the unix end lists as
		      packet length when I type 'show')
		  Click on receive

     The download window pops up and then it just counts errors up until
5, at which point the Amiga guru's (this may be an error in VLT).

     If you can find anything I am doing wrong or have any suggestions,
please let me know.  I really need the ability to download from this sys-
tem and it only supports kermit (which is one of the main reasons I got
VLT). Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

				     -Mike

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-
Mike Conca, Computer Science Dept.   *  conca@handel.cs.colostate.edu
Colorado State University            *  conca@129.82.102.32
                 'Back off man - I understand computers!'

costello@eplrx7.uucp (Tim Costello) (11/27/89)

From article <3261@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, by conca@handel.cs.colostate.edu (michael vincen conca):
>      I was also wondering if I could get help in another area. I can't seem
> to get Kermit to work.  I am trying to download a file from a Unix system
> (using Sys V).  So far, I have tried the following:
> 		  I get into kermit interactive mode.
> 		  I type 'set file type binary'
> 		  Type 'send file.test'  (this is an Amiga executable)
> 		  Set VLT's kermit option of packet size to 90
> 		     (this is what kermit on the unix end lists as
> 		      packet length when I type 'show')
> 		  Click on receive
>
>      The download window pops up and then it just counts errors up until
> 5, at which point the Amiga guru's (this may be an error in VLT).

	Hmm, I wonder if this is somehow related.  I ususally use Kermit,
from a Sun Unix box, in server mode.  The transfers go fine ( I also use
long packets...much faster.  Type 'set send(receive) packet 1000' before
'send' or 'server').  However, while in server mode, if you ask for a file
name ala wildcard, as in 'get *.pic' and a translation of this file name does
exist on the server side, say the file is actually '*.pic1', the latest
VLT, v4.226 will guru.  Older versions do not.

	By the way, Kermit is set up so that the receiving Kermit will
(or should anyway) determine the packet size.  Tho' with the large packet
implementations I've not always found this to be the case.

>      If you can find anything I am doing wrong or have any suggestions,
> please let me know.  I really need the ability to download from this sys-
> tem and it only supports kermit (which is one of the main reasons I got
> VLT). Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

	On one of the menus there is a setting for bit-8 masking or some such
item.  Experiment with that to make sure some artificial parity error is not
interfering.

> 				     -Mike
>
> -=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-
> Mike Conca, Computer Science Dept.   *  conca@handel.cs.colostate.edu
> Colorado State University            *  conca@129.82.102.32
>                  'Back off man - I understand computers!'

Tim
--
Tim Costello
Du Pont

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (09/10/90)

Thanks for the help, but....

Whenever I've tried to use TELL in the past, I get a "TELL NOT AVAILABLE"
message!  What a system... There is an XYZZY program that does much the
same thing, maybe I'll try that (it's interactive, but what the hell).

Thanks again.

--
David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!alberta!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer

phao172@emx.utexas.edu (Randy M. Roberts) (11/12/90)

Thanks to all who posted and emailed me advice.

For those who want me to show my public humility I will reveal
the cause of my "pilot error".

In my original posting I said I redefined "fontfile" in init.ps...
Big mistake.  Though "fontfile" is not in the Adobe PS. Ref. Man.
it was found in the systemdict.  Apparently this tells the PS program
to accept the next file as a TYPE-1 font file.  BTW, with my redefinition
of "fontfile" to "(r) file cvx" I was able to load TYPE-3 font files.
Now I can load both.

Thanks again and Regards,
Randy
--
Randy M. Roberts
phao172@emx.utexas.edu

c8844297@cc.nu.oz.au (12/10/90)

	Thanks to all those who helped with the PDC problems. I am sure
 that it will work now (at least for the ENV: problem).
			Jonathan

css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) (01/17/91)

	Hi, id like to thank everybody thats helped me out with this query however I
have one question, how do I access these sites. i have tried ftp and telnet but get
a message back saying :

 telnet 128.155.23.64
Trying 128.155.23.64 ...
telnet: connect: Network is unreachable
telnet>

	Will somebody put on the right track!!

css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) (01/17/91)

	Thanks for everyones co-operation and help!!

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan17.125924.5809@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK> css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) writes:

>	Hi, id like to thank everybody thats helped me out with this query however I
>have one question, how do I access these sites. i have tried ftp and telnet but get
>a message back saying :
>
> telnet 128.155.23.64
>Trying 128.155.23.64 ...
>telnet: connect: Network is unreachable
>telnet>
>
>	Will somebody put on the right track!!

Yeah.  Your hardware is broken.  Go find your system adminstrator at
your site, and tell him (or her) about the problem.  Feel free to be
as obnoxious as possible.  Also, do you get the same symptoms with
ftp?  If ftp works, then you actually have a software, not hardware,
problem.  Either way, go complain at your administrator.  Bring a
script of your attempt, so he can see the error messages immediately.

As always, this group is going away.  Try not to post to it.
Followups have been redirected to comp.sys.amiga.datacomm, which is
the correct group for this.

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.