[comp.sys.amiga] Ethernet controller for A2000/A3000 ?

raymund@emperor.scs.com (Ray Galvin) (01/22/91)

I`m considering networking an amiga to a BSD4.3 unix machine via ethernet.

Does anybody have any information about ethernet controllers for
an A2000 or A3000?   Many moons ago, somebody posted a press release
from C= which mentioned an ethernet controller.  In particular, do any
controllers (are there more than one?) support nfs, ftp, telnet, rlogin,
rsh, rcp, terminal emulators and/or other unix like commands?
What software (if any) comes bundled with the controllers?  What are
prices on any of these items?

Any answers will be appreciated.

- raymund galvin

bj@cbmvax.commodore.com (Brian Jackson) (01/23/91)

In article <768@emperor.scs.com> raymund@emperor.scs.com (Ray Galvin) writes:
>I`m considering networking an amiga to a BSD4.3 unix machine via ethernet.
>
>Does anybody have any information about ethernet controllers for
>an A2000 or A3000?   Many moons ago, somebody posted a press release
>from C= which mentioned an ethernet controller.  In particular, do any
>controllers (are there more than one?) support nfs, ftp, telnet, rlogin,
>rsh, rcp, terminal emulators and/or other unix like commands?
>What software (if any) comes bundled with the controllers?

Commodore has the A2065 Ethernet controller available. Works fine.
For software the recently released AS225 software package (TCP/IP)
has nfs, telnet, rlogin, rsh, rcp etc. in it.

The two packages are not bundled together.

>What are prices on any of these items?

See your dealer.  Both of the above packages are currently available.

bj

>- raymund galvin

 | Brian Jackson  Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga Inc.  GEnie: B.J. |
 | bj@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com    or  ...{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!bj     |
 | "Huh?"  - Lao-Tse                                                   |