[comp.sys.amiga] ux1 archive?

EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart 215 354 7610 Everhart%Arisia.dnet.ge.com) (01/22/91)

It appears the ux1.cso.uiuc.edu archive's ls or dir commands are broken
at least from the anonymous login...or am I doing something wrong?

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (01/23/91)

In article <42344@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart 215 354 7610 Everhart%Arisia.dnet.ge.com) writes:
> It appears the ux1.cso.uiuc.edu archive's ls or dir commands are broken
> at least from the anonymous login...or am I doing something wrong?

	I have noticed two problems with the server.  The first is when doing
an 'mget' operation, the files are now separated with <LF> characters only!
It used to put <CR><LF> between the files.  This breaks the MGET on CMU-TEK.
Very recently I have noticed that 'DIR' and 'ls' from this VAX return nothing.
WHen I tried 'ls' from a unix box, I did get a listing of only the filenames,
no sizes.  'ls -lt' or other combinations produced nothing.

Earle
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2@dayton.saic.com             uucp: dayvb!fac2