[comp.sys.amiga] New Version of ARexx?

duncan@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (01/23/91)

amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu:
> From: BRIAN ROZEMA <9650rozema@indinpls.navy.mil>
>

> 	I was told by my local Amiga dealer that a new version of ARexx
> will be released soon.  Does anyone know anything about this release?
> (My dealer cannot get anymore copies.)
>
> 					Brian Rozema
> 					9650rozema@indinpls.navy.mil

I got this notice about a week ago.

Dear ARexx Customer,

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of ARexx is now
available.  ARexx V1.15 offers a number of refinements over the
previous V1.10 version, including better break-signal handling, a
PRAGMA('Stack',size) call, improvements to ADDRESS COMMAND, and
of course fixes for all reported bugs.  ARexx V1.15 operates
under both AmigaDOS 1.3 and 2.0.
Current Customers can get updates from Bill or as part of the
AmigaDOS "Enhancer Package" updates.

software update is $10 from:

 Wishful Thinking Development Corp.
 P.O. Box 308
 Maynnard,  MA  01754
 USA

Manual is $15.
WShell is $50
(include $5 extra for WShell or ARexx manual).

Good Luck,

-Shan

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) (01/23/91)

duncan@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:

>amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu:
>> From: BRIAN ROZEMA <9650rozema@indinpls.navy.mil>
>> 	I was told by my local Amiga dealer that a new version of ARexx
>> will be released soon.  Does anyone know anything about this release?
>I got this notice about a week ago.
>Manual is $15.

The word directly from Bill (on BIX) is that the manual is NOT new, it
does not contain the new functions, etc. that have been added since the
original printing. Those corrections and enhancements are still distributed
in a nicely organized readme on disk of course. He said he was offering
extra manuals primarily for those who had 'worn out' their original. Nobody
asked this question here, but it came up on BIX immediately so I offer this
message to hopefully prevent multiple questions to that effect.
 James Gary, BA,MS,SWM      U. of Kentucky       jgary@ms.uky.edu
"I am hungover on life."