[comp.sys.amiga] Tons of stuff...Don't buy

blf@churchy.ai.mit.edu (Bill Frandsen) (01/26/91)

Same here...2 emails, no reply.

Also repeated calls...busy signal.

Sometimes if it looks too good of a deal to be true...it is.

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (01/28/91)

In article <1991Jan25.124318.8386@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 4225_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> Don't buy from these guys.

Who?  You didn't say.

> I phoned Tom up and made an offer on some equipment and he accepted
> it.

Again, Tom who?

[...stuff deleted...]

> Great ethics guys.
>
> If you do want to buy anything from them I have a couple of
> suggestions for you.
> Don't send them money.
> Get the equipment sent to you COD.
> And get them to send it in a see through parcel, so that
> you can see that you are getting before you pay the COD
> bill.
>
> john macdonald

John, I appreciate your warning.  I just wish I knew of whom you speak.  It's
one thing to warn folk about deceptive business practices, but it's useless
unless you identify the culprit.  It's also not fair, since they haven't a
chance to defend themselves.  But then again, since you didn't identify them,
they don't need to defend themselves.  8-)
--
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |

gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Gary D Walborn) (01/30/91)

package arrived three days later (ground) and contained all of the items
that I requested.  The merchandise appears to be of good quality (most of
it looks new) and it was packed adequately to prevent damage in shipment.
So far, I cannot complain about the deal.

Gary Walborn <gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu>
7551 Sugartree Drive
Youngstown, OH 44512 (216) 726-8450