[comp.sys.amiga] A2630 + AMAX II

ronklink@neabbs.UUCP (RON KLINKIEN) (01/22/91)

Hallo heeft er iemand ervaring met een turboboard bv A2630 en AMAXII
Het schijnt dat dat moet werken maar bij het laden van de FINDER
(V6.02) crasht mijn Amiga2000 + A2630 + 5meg bij het laden van het
3e icon+prog..
Is het mogelijk om met een editor de 'startup van de finder te
wijzigen zodat hij deze util bv overslaat ???!!
Gaarne ervaring en of info hierover...
Laat een berichtje achter op NEABBS bv
Groeten Ron

dylan@cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) (01/23/91)

In article <544588@neabbs.UUCP> ronklink@neabbs.UUCP (RON KLINKIEN) writes:
>Hallo heeft er iemand ervaring met een turboboard bv A2630 en AMAXII
>...stuff deleted...
>Groeten Ron

I can't read Norwegian, or whatever that was, but I couldn't resist
replying...  If this is questioning the compatibility of AMAXII
and the 2630 accelerator, I have the two, and the system is working
fine.  It even works great with my 2091.

If that wasn't the question, mind rephrasing it a bit??

dylan
--
dylan mcnamee				"...I put the Mu in Mother Goose,
dylan@cs.washington.edu			 the Doc in Doctor Seuss..." Young MC

jtravis@dworkin.Amber.COM (JTravis (Jim, SysOp)) (01/29/91)

ronklink@neabbs.UUCP (RON KLINKIEN) writes:

> Hallo heeft er iemand ervaring met een turboboard bv A2630 en AMAXII
> Het schijnt dat dat moet werken maar bij het laden van de FINDER
> (V6.02) crasht mijn Amiga2000 + A2630 + 5meg bij het laden van het
> 3e icon+prog..
> Is het mogelijk om met een editor de 'startup van de finder te
> wijzigen zodat hij deze util bv overslaat ???!!
> Gaarne ervaring en of info hierover...
> Laat een berichtje achter op NEABBS bv
> Groeten Ron

        Hah?

        My swedish hasn't been that good since I stopped seeing Ingmar
Bergman movies, er-'scuse me, films, BUT if your question is about Amax and
the 2091, I can tell you that they work fine together. I had a 2500/30
running a 2091 and had a small 10 meg partition running Mac system software
versions 6.0.3 and 6.0.5.  Be very mindful to use the INSTALLER program when
upgrading the SYSTEM and FINDER - versions of 6.0.3 and 6.0.4 had problems
with the Print Monitor and spooler device, and reselection bugs with SCSI
drives, noticably the CD-ROM (but that also RARELY happened). I am a tech at
a Mac/PC dealer, so trust me on that last one - I've seen the bug once in a
year.  Still, even with my new 3000, Amax II works great.

        "Groeten" (Gosh, I hope that means thanks or something)

        Jim

        Jim Trascapoulos *********** CSAccess BBS, Lawrenceville NJ
        Sysop and Ditherer Extrordinare****************609-584-8774
        "Feels like cheese, SMELLS like cheese...looks like socks?"
             - My roomate, looking for clothes to wear...

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (01/30/91)

In article <8H1Hw1w163w@dworkin.Amber.COM> jtravis@dworkin.Amber.COM (JTravis (Jim, SysOp)) writes:
>ronklink@neabbs.UUCP (RON KLINKIEN) writes:
>
>> Hallo heeft er iemand ervaring met een turboboard bv A2630 en AMAXII
>> Het schijnt dat dat moet werken maar bij het laden van de FINDER
>> (V6.02) crasht mijn Amiga2000 + A2630 + 5meg bij het laden van het
>> 3e icon+prog..
>> Is het mogelijk om met een editor de 'startup van de finder te
>> wijzigen zodat hij deze util bv overslaat ???!!
>> Gaarne ervaring en of info hierover...
>> Laat een berichtje achter op NEABBS bv
>> Groeten Ron
>

>        Hah?
>
>        My swedish hasn't been that good since I stopped seeing Ingmar
>Bergman movies, er-'scuse me, films, BUT if your question is about Amax and
.STUFF DELETED

>        "Groeten" (Gosh, I hope that means thanks or something)
>
>        Jim
>
>        Jim Trascapoulos *********** CSAccess BBS, Lawrenceville NJ
>        Sysop and Ditherer Extrordinare****************609-584-8774
>        "Feels like cheese, SMELLS like cheese...looks like socks?"
>             - My roomate, looking for clothes to wear...

It's neither Norwegian (as earlier suggested) nor Swedish - it's Dutch.

Just look at the words "Hallo" and "crasht" - they are not Swedish :-)

Dutch could be identified by the letter pair "ij" which isn't there in
Swedish or Norwegian. Did you know that the "Swedish chef" in "The Muppet
Show" speaks Dutch?

No bombs from Amsterdam please, it sounds Dutch for us who don't know
Dutch. For You it may sound Persian, or something...

Tommy Petersson
etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se

In article <1991Jan29.170849.13256@ericsson.se> etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se writes:

> Did you know that the "Swedish chef" in "The Muppet
>Show" speaks Dutch?

I always thought it was Danish. But this may vary with all the
translations of the Muppets. In the German version it definitely
was NOT Dutch, but some Scandinavian accent.