[comp.sys.amiga] new powerpacker, imploder

ahinds@hcunix.haverford.edu (Alexander Hinds) (02/13/91)

	I REALLY want to find the new version of powerpacker, and this
mysterious (to me at least) program called imploder.  What does it do,
and how does it compare to powerpacker?  Please tell me where I can
find these via ftp.  Thanks a million.

Alexander Hinds
A_HINDS@HVRFORD

al158305@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Gustavo Cordova Avila) (02/15/91)

ahinds@hcunix.haverford.edu (Alexander Hinds) writes:

>	I REALLY want to find the new version of powerpacker, and this
>mysterious (to me at least) program called imploder.  What does it do,
>and how does it compare to powerpacker?  Please tell me where I can
>find these via ftp.  Thanks a million.

>Alexander Hinds
>A_HINDS@HVRFORD

   Hi!  Haven't posted in a while. Anyway, there IS a new version of
powerpacker, but I haven't tried it out yet, in fact I already downloaded
it but I still have to un-lzh it (I download in .zoo but transfer to .lzh
so I can pack more file on my diskettes).
   Imploder is a program that does something like powerpacker only that
with another algorith, implosion. Anyway, it compresses *slightly* better
(at it's max setting) that PP at it's best setting, and it has music and
a nice graphical interface. the only gripe I have about it is that it's
memory requirements at unpacking time are slightly higher that PP's.
I haven't tested to see which unpacks faster (although PP is *no* slouch).
If you want a copy send me e-male.

cu@the.mouse
Gustavo