[comp.sys.amiga] abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (09/28/90)

Once you've reached abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov., how do you logon as a "guest?"
(I'm new to this and not sure of what I'm doing...)

Thanks.

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (09/29/90)

Do this...

mail bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu
ftp abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
user anonymous
cd /incoming/amiga
dir
quit

It's that easy...

And I don't remember if "incoming" has one "m" or two...<grin>

/******************************************************************
 *      All of the above copyright by the below.                  *
 * Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys                      *
 *                                                                *
 * "Armor may be heavy, but it's better than a stick in the eye!" *
 ******************************************************************/

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/29/90)

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

> Once you've reached abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov., how do you logon as a "guest?"
> (I'm new to this and not sure of what I'm doing...)
>
> Thanks.
>
> David Poland
> 2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

On abcfd20, as with most other FTP sites, login as "anonymous"and use
your login name as your password. (i.e. password = 2flntopaz)

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>
>> Once you've reached abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov., how do you logon as a "guest?"
>> (I'm new to this and not sure of what I'm doing...)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> David Poland
>> 2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
>
>On abcfd20, as with most other FTP sites, login as "anonymous"and use
>your login name as your password. (i.e. password = 2flntopaz)

Technically correct, since the password is recorded and ignored, but I think
polite behavior these days is to use a working path back to yourself as the
password, i.e., for me, password=xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG, so the ftp site
operators can get back to you by email if something you do is causing them
problems.  At least, that's how I interpreted the instructions I read.

Kent, the man from xanth.

elec@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Doug Renner) (03/10/91)

If you want fish disks, check out ux1.cso.uiuc.edu  it's a gold mine

Doug Renner    elec@pnet51.orb.mn.org