[comp.sys.amiga] LOOKING FOR PUBLIC DOMAIN/SHAREWARE WORD PROCESSOR

sksircar@shade.Princeton.EDU (Subrata Sircar) (04/11/91)

I am relatively new to the Amiga world, and I couldn't find a FAQ or Welcome
to posting.  Please direct me to such if they would suit my needs.

I am looking for a public domain/shareware word processor for an Amiga 1000,
with 256K memory (possibly expanding to 512 if that's the real answer) which
will use the floppy drive as virtual memory.  This is essential, as the primary
limitation with the current one is that it packs up shop and goes home when
it runs out of memory.  If you can tell me where to find one, I'd be very
grateful.  Please email to me, as I don't normally read this newsgroup.

I have used ftp extensively to get UNIX and Mac software, and have access to
UNIX, IBM PS/2's and Macs.  Please also tell me (once I've acquired the
software from some friendly FTP site) what I must do to get the thing into a
running Amiga binary.  Thanks very much!

Subrata Sircar | sksircar@phoenix.princeton.edu |Prophet& SPAMIT Charter Member
	I don't speak for Princeton, and they don't speak for me.
"May their souls rot in easy-listening hell!" - Johnny Melnibone, GRIMJACK #76
"I seem to suffer from irrelevant flashbacks." - Paul, PAUL THE SAMURAI #1

cs3871aa@triton.unm.edu (Student Class Account) (04/21/91)

In article <8117@idunno.Princeton.EDU> sksircar@shade.Princeton.EDU (Subrata Sircar) writes:

>I have used ftp extensively to get UNIX and Mac software, and have access to
>UNIX, IBM PS/2's and Macs.  Please also tell me (once I've acquired the
>software from some friendly FTP site) what I must do to get the thing into a
>running Amiga binary.  Thanks very much!

If anyone who has this info could post, I, for one, would be much obliged.  I
have downloaded gobs of binaries for the Amiga, but can't get them to run, so
they sit around on my Unix feed (severely annoying the system manager).  It
takes me an hour to get something unpacked (unencoded, untangled, etc.) and
then the silly thing won't run!  Sigh.

Ken Summers						Poor College Student