[comp.sys.amiga] NEW Commodore Upgrade offer!

urjlew@uncecs.edu (Rostyk Lewyckyj) (05/10/91)

This C= upgrade offer is so generous that it almost defies a rational
explanation. It is open to all, and seems to be more generous than
their educational discount.
So I wonder if the following is a feasible legal thing to do?
Get a first A3000 using say a VIC20, and then chain several further
A3000 purchases using the covers of the preceding A3000 for each
succeding one. Then sell the extra A3000s to other students, splitting
the savings with them.???
Why do you suppose C= ever decided to offer such a sales promotion???
Since one doesn't have to give up the old hardware, it does not help
them get rid of those gripes about the abandonment of obsolete
machines. So perhaps they make a healthy profit anyways at the promo
prices and the "send in the manual cover" part is just a gimmick.

And a couple of questions of on a tangent:
How is C= stock doing just now? and What's new about the possible
Sony C= takeover? and How would this promo affect the stock price
and thus any takeover calculations?  :-)

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (05/14/91)

In article <1991May9.174838.10608@uncecs.edu>, urjlew@uncecs.edu (Rostyk Lewyckyj) writes:

> Get a first A3000 using say a VIC20, and then chain several further
> A3000 purchases using the covers of the preceding A3000 for each
> succeding one. Then sell the extra A3000s to other students, splitting
> the savings with them.???

Look at the promo close.  The A3000 can not be used to "Power up" to another
A3000

--

Mike Kent -  	Lockheed Engineering and Sciences Company at NASA JSC
		2400 NASA Rd One, Houston, TX 77058 (713) 483-3791