[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga portable

swansonc@balder.acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson, Systems Operator - ACC @ St. Olaf College) (04/13/90)

I have heard rummors of an Amiga compatable portable that is due to be
released late this spring or early this summer by a W-German company.
Has anyone else heard of this machine or know more about it, or is it
just vapor-ware?  Please e-mail me the responces, and I will post a
follow-up if there is enough interest.

						-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Academic Computing Center, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN 55057
	INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu	UUCP: swansonc@stolaf

dan@garfield.catt.ncsu.edu (Daniel Heath) (05/25/91)

 Hey all,

     I seem to remember, way back when, that there was talk of an amiga
portable.  What ever came of that?  I currently have a 2000 but I really
need a portable, to the point that I may be willing to sell my 2000 to get
one.  I use my system primarily for MIDI. I really like my amiga and would
hate to buy another kind of system, but I am considering something like a
STacy (no flames, please :-) . I also have so much time and money invested
amiga software and stuff that it would hurt to change over.  So, any word
on the amiga portable?

                                     Thanks in advance,
                                     Dan Heath
                                     dan@garfield.catt.ncsu.edu

force@minnie.cs.su.OZ.AU (Jason Henry Den Dulk) (05/27/91)

The last I heard was that the amiga portable was scraped due to legal
problems. I know this a blow to the
amiga community, considering the increased popularity of laptops, but it
happens. We really should press
Commodore to market a wider range of machines, including '020s (on the
motherboard) and laptops, but knowing
how slack Commodore is, I doubt this would ever happen.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

				force@cs.su.oz

chiu@ucsee.Berkeley.EDU (James Chiu) (05/27/91)

In article <2466@cluster.cs.su.oz.au> force@minnie.cs.su.OZ.AU (Jason Henry Den Dulk) writes:
>The last I heard was that the amiga portable was scraped due to legal
>problems. I know this a blow to the
>amiga community, considering the increased popularity of laptops, but it
>happens. We really should press
>Commodore to market a wider range of machines, including '020s (on the
>motherboard) and laptops, but knowing
>how slack Commodore is, I doubt this would ever happen.

Care to comment as to what KIND of legal problem?

>MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

But my dear sir, I ain't no Jedi Knight!

Henry Den Dulk) writes:
> >The last I heard was that the amiga portable was scraped due to
> >legal problems.
>

> Care to comment as to what KIND of legal problem?

I can't be sure, but it's a good bet that it has to do with copyright/patent
violations.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

				force@cs.su.oz