[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaUX Costs, etc.

lukes@doom.UUCP (Luke Sheneman) (06/23/91)

--
I own an Amiga 500 computer, along with a very large hard-drive and three
megabytes of RAM.  Is it possible to aquire the hardware for an Amiga 500
in order to enable it to fully support AmigaUX?  How much does AmigaUX cost?

*								     *
*      "When you've seen one nuclear war, you've seen them all."     *
*								     *
*    doom!lukes  (Amiga)  shenem901@snake.cs.uidaho.edu (Apollo)     *
*								     *

johnh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (John J Humpal) (06/25/91)

In article <lukes.0328@doom.UUCP> lukes@doom.UUCP (Luke Sheneman) writes:
>--
>I own an Amiga 500 computer, along with a very large hard-drive and three
>megabytes of RAM.  Is it possible to aquire the hardware for an Amiga 500
>in order to enable it to fully support AmigaUX?  How much does AmigaUX cost?

	Ooh! Unix on a 68000?  Sounds slow to me.  I think you'd need
a 68030, at least 5 MB RAM, and probably around 100 MB HD to make
Amiga Unix fly.
John J. Humpal -- johnh@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu -- short .sig, std. disclaimer