[comp.sys.amiga] NEXT-like menu display on 1.3 workbench

technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) (06/26/91)

Not very long ago somebody mentioned a program which would put a set of small
icons on the workbench, similar to the setup on the Next.

I have HDclick, but I'd much rather have something that would run on the WB
screen, sort of like manually grabbing icons from various drawers and plopping
them down on the background, but done automatically.

--

technews@iitmax.iit.edu                           kadokev@iitvax (bitnet)
                         My Employer Disagrees.

civir1070@ucsvax.sdsu.edu (FURRY R) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.203755.15287@iitmax.iit.edu>, technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) writes...
>Not very long ago somebody mentioned a program which would put a set of small
>icons on the workbench, similar to the setup on the Next.
>
>I have HDclick, but I'd much rather have something that would run on the WB
>screen, sort of like manually grabbing icons from various drawers and plopping
>them down on the background, but done automatically.
>
>--
>
>technews@iitmax.iit.edu                           kadokev@iitvax (bitnet)
>                         My Employer Disagrees.

  It's called AmiDock, and it should be on ab20.
/ |CIVIR1070@ucsvax.sdsu.edu| Q: Is there a UNIX FORTRAN optomizer? \
\ |    Scott Ellis          | A: Yeah, "rm *.f"    _                /
/ |_________________________|                   _ // Amiga          \
\_______________________________________________\X/_________________/

lmbailey@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Laurana Bailey) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun25.203755.15287@iitmax.iit.edu> technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) writes:
| Not very long ago somebody mentioned a program which would put a set of small
| icons on the workbench, similar to the setup on the Next.
|
| I have HDclick, but I'd much rather have something that would run on the WB
| screen, sort of like manually grabbing icons from various drawers and plopping
| them down on the background, but done automatically.

Look on your local BBS systems for a program called AMIDOCK it is the
one that emulates the Next's DOCK program. It's pretty good. Check it
out.

Laurana

--
|Just another lemming...        | Yet another Amiga maniac set loose   |