[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NEED CPM UNDER MS-DOS INFO

ddrex@gorgo.UUCP (11/10/86)

The note posted was by one of the authors, a consulting firm in Virginia. The
program (as I recall) is Z80MU, and is a *slick* CP/M emulator. There are a
few hoops it won't jump thru (like trying to run a CP/M shell on top of it),
but most apps will work.

Find it on your local bbs, or try SOURCEry System bbs, [405] 728-2463.

keeshu@nikhefk.uucp (Kees Huyser) (11/11/86)

In article <417@PSUECLA> m3h@psuecla.BITNET writes:

>Not too long ago someone posted an article about public domain software
>which would run CPM under MS-DOS. Can someone either; (a) point me to the
>person who posted this article (b) point me to the CPM program. Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>                          thanx in advance,
>
>                                                m3h@psuec

Maybe there is more than one program which will do the trick, but the
only one I am familiar with is _NECV2080.COM_. This nifty little
program only works with a NECV20 processor installed, but will run
virtually any software developed under CP/M. To get the CP/M software
running you have to rename every CP/M program to <filespec>.CPM.

The program is either shareware of PD (I'll have to look it up) and is
available on most FIDO bulletin boards, since it was included in a FIDO
utilities release. Ask the Sysop of the nearest Fido BBS; he should
have it.

If you have no access to a Fido BBS, mail me and I will send you the
program if it is PD or ShareWare (still have to look it up...)

BTW, the NECV20 processor is fully compatible with the original processor
but does some things faster; so it won't hurt to get one!

					Kees Huyser

|  Kees Huyser							  |
|  Nationaal Instituut voor Kern Fysica en Hoge Energie Fysica    |
|  National Institute for Nuclear and High Energy Physics         |
|  PO Box 4395                                                    |
|  1009 AJ  Amsterdam, The Netherlands                            |
|								  |
|  UUCP : keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP                                     |
|         {[wherever]!seismo}!mcvax!keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP           |
|								  |
|  IF YOU BELIEVE DISCLAIMERS, YOU'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING!           |

jkg@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) (11/12/86)

In article <51@nikhefk.UUCP> keeshu@nikhefk.uucp (Kees Huyser) writes:

>Maybe there is more than one program which will do the trick, but the
>only one I am familiar with is _NECV2080.COM_. This nifty little
>program only works with a NECV20 processor installed, but will run
>virtually any software developed under CP/M. To get the CP/M software
>running you have to rename every CP/M program to <filespec>.CPM.

Forgive me if I am displaying my ignorance, but I thought that to get the
V20 into 8080 mode required a hardware reset of the processor. How will a
piece of software accomplish this? Also what do you do about CP/M software
written with Z80 opcodes?

Believe me, if the above is possible, I would *definitely* be interested
in NECV2080.COM. Will it also work for the V30 as well? I have one in my
AT&T 6300. I also have some CP/M software that I would be interested in
porting if it can be run simply by renaming the file!

                                          Jim Greenlee