[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PKX33A12 - a shareware archiving pr

ddrex@gorgo.UUCP (12/05/86)

But have you seen ZOO? I don't have the specs handy to demonstrate, but it is
comparable in speed to PK, the author is porting it to *lots* of operating
systems, and it has one VERY useful feature over ARC and clones: you can add
a comment line for each file in the archive. ZOO is purely public domain, and
the source code (in C, of course :-) is going to also be released (and with-
out any 'macro' language embedded in it that you have to pay $100 to get an
interpretor for).

You can get ZOO (and probably PK - idunno, haven't checked lately to see if
we have it), from the bbs number in my signature.

 David Drexler

 --  UUCP:     {ihnp4,cbosgd,okstate,oktext,uokmax}!occrsh!gorgo!ddrex
 --  FidoNet:  19/1 -or- decvax!encore!vaxine!spark!147!1!drexler
 --  AT&T:     [405] 728-2463  (data only: 2400/1200/300 bps)
 --  Quote:    "You may wager your saccharoid mule that I am!"

sean@ukecc.UUCP (12/11/86)

In article <58200006@gorgo.UUCP> ddrex@gorgo.UUCP writes:
>...it has one VERY useful feature over ARC and clones:
>you can add a comment line for each file in the archive..

Assuming that you are referring to PKARC when you refer to
"ARC and clones", you are sorely mistaken.  PKARC can add
a 32 character comment line to each file in the archive and
to the archive itself.  When one is building an archive adding
the c option will prompt for a comment on each file, and the
x option will prompt for the comment on the archive:

	pkarc ac foo *.*  -adds a comment for each file
	pkarc ax foo *.*  -adds a comment for the archive
	pkarc acx foo *.* -adds a comment for both files and
			   the archive

You can also omit the a option to add or change comments to
an existing archive.  The v (verbose) option will just list
the file and its comment (and a few other tidbits) when
combined with c and x appropriately.

Keith Hatfull