[comp.sys.ibm.pc] GRAPHICS.EXE

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (12/12/86)

Hi group,

Does anyone know if a version of GRAPHICS.EXE exists that will
permit shift-PrcSc to do a bitmap dump of the EGA mode screen to
an IBM/Epson graphics compatible printer?  Perhaps, in DOS 3.2?

Thank you in advance for your help to anybody who answers.

Bill Mayhew
Division of Basic Medical Sciences
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH  44272  USA    phone:  216-325-2511
(...!cbatt!neoucom!wtm    wtm@neoucom.UUCP)

crimmins@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (12/14/86)

/* Written 12:25 pm  Dec 12, 1986 by wtm@neoucom.UUCP in uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
>Does anyone know if a version of GRAPHICS.EXE exists that will
>permit shift-PrcSc to do a bitmap dump of the EGA mode screen to
>an IBM/Epson graphics compatible printer?  Perhaps, in DOS 3.2?

No, DOS 3.2 does not support the EGA with the GRAPHICS command.  You will
need to look around for a PD version, or perhaps a commercial product.
I have not seen such a program around.

----
Dan Crimmins
Computing Services Office - Micro Consulting Dept.

BITNET:	crimmins@uiucuxc.bitnet
ARPA:	crimmins@uiucuxc.cso.uiuc.edu
CSNET:	crimmins@uiucuxc.csnet
UUCP:	{ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!crimmins
ICBM:	40 07 N / 88 13 W

tmp@j.cc.purdue.edu (Tom Putnam) (12/17/86)

/* Written 12:25 pm  Dec 12, 1986 by wtm@neoucom.UUCP in uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
>Does anyone know if a version of GRAPHICS.EXE exists that will
>permit shift-PrcSc to do a bitmap dump of the EGA mode screen to
>an IBM/Epson graphics compatible printer?  Perhaps, in DOS 3.2?

I recently bought some stuff from PC-Connection (good mail order company)
and received with my order a flyer on a program called "Pizazz."  I don't
have the flyer handy so I don't recall who makes it.  PC-Connection is
selling it for $35 as seen in a recent PC Week Ad.  It says it will not
only print from CGA, EGA, Hercules, ad-nauseum, but it listed a whole bunch
of different printers that it will print on, everything from Epson and IBM
to most laser printers.  Better yet, it will do colors if you have a color
printer, and it does image smoothing!

Caveat:  I just read the advertising; I have NOT tried it!

I have no connection with any of the aforementioned companies.
--
Tom Putnam                              Manager of User Services
ARPANET: tmp@j.cc.Purdue.EDU            Purdue University Computing Center

ins_asac@jhunix.UUCP (Stephan Alexa Cooper) (12/18/86)

In article <335@neoucom.UUCP> wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
>Does anyone know if a version of GRAPHICS.EXE exists that will
>permit shift-PrcSc to do a bitmap dump of the EGA mode screen to
>an IBM/Epson graphics compatible printer?  Perhaps, in DOS 3.2?

I'm not sure, but I thought that version 3 DID do this!  My roomate has
a Leading Edge PC with a Panasonic printer and he runs a version of DOS
3.xx.  He's able to run GRAPHICS.EXE and then Shft-PrScr to dump a
screen to his printer.  This doesn't say much does it?  I think it IS
possible though.

--

			Steve Cooper
			...!seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_asac