[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Animation programs -- do they exist?

john@uwmacc.UUCP (John Jacobsen) (01/07/87)

!!-- Line eater bait --!!

	Does anyone know of existing software packages for doing animation
on the IBM PC using the Enhanced Graphics Adapter?  I'm looking for some-
thing a little more sophisticated than PC Storyboard.  Any information at
all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John E. Jacobsen
University of Wisconsin -- Madison Academic Computing Center
arpa: john@unix.macc.wisc.edu
uucp:
 +->  {seismo|harvard|topaz|caip|ll-xn|
 |     allegra|akgua|ucbvax|bellcore|ihnp4}!uwvax!uwmacc!john

 +- Hosts on this line probably have faster delivery time.

[NSA food: terrorist, cryptography, DES, drugs, CIA, secret, decode,]

clh@cbrma.att.com (C.L.Harting) (01/09/87)

In article <846@uwmacc.UUCP>, john@uwmacc.UUCP (John Jacobsen) writes:
> 	Does anyone know of existing software packages for doing animation
> on the IBM PC using the Enhanced Graphics Adapter?  I'm looking for some-
> thing a little more sophisticated than PC Storyboard.  Any information at
> all would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> John E. Jacobsen
> University of Wisconsin -- Madison Academic Computing Center

Microtex, the company that created PC Paint and PC Paint Plus, is now selling
GRASP -- GRAphical System for Presentation.  It does great animation, costs
only $89 for version 2.0, and supports the EGA.  Check it out by calling the PC
Paint Picture Swap Line BBS at 714-240-7459.  They have an 800 number for
ordering, but I don't have it handy.  I think you can download GRASPRT and a
few demos to check it out.  If you are impressed, send them your money.
[Standard disclaimers apply.]
Chris Harting				cbrma!clh
AT&T Network Systems			"Many are cold, few are frozen."
Columbus, Ohio