[comp.sys.ibm.pc] pc-dos 3.2

jdf@pbhyc.UUCP (Jack Fine) (01/13/87)

I have heard that dos 3.2 has some bugs in it.  I have missed the discussion
of these bugs and now that I have upgraded from 2.1 to 3.2 I am concered
about these bugs.

Can anyone tell me what I should watchout for?  Any fixes I should consider?

As always any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

brown@nicmad.UUCP (Mr. Video) (01/14/87)

In article <570@pbhyc.UUCP> jdf@pbhyc.UUCP (Jack Fine) writes:

>I have heard that dos 3.2 has some bugs in it.  I have missed the discussion
>of these bugs and now that I have upgraded from 2.1 to 3.2 I am concered
>about these bugs.
>
>Can anyone tell me what I should watchout for?  Any fixes I should consider?

Yes, there is a couple (yes, a couple) of patch diskettes for PC-DOS 3.20.
I personally never ran across the errors, and I am using 3.5" diskette drives
as well.

Anyway, see your local IBM dealer for the patches.

I just found out yesterday that IBM has released a patch for a patch.  I
discovered the new bug in the DISKCOPY program, that was patched, when I
tried to do a 3.5" to 3.5" diskcopy.  It would only copy the first 40
tracks.  The original would copy all 80.  So now IBM has released a patch
that supposidly will fix the patch bug.  I should be getting that in the
mail in a couple of days.
--
	 harvard-\     \			|        terminus:       |