[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Amber Systems HomeBase

shields@husc2.UUCP (shields) (01/15/87)

    Amber Systems Homebase has been advertised in old issues of PC Mag
and even reviewed in Vol 5 # 3 (Feb 11, 1986) "The Organizing Principle"
in which it is given a rave review by Richard Aarons. It is said to have
been written by some guys who left Borland, as a competitor to SideKick.
I would very much like to order a copy, however the company seems no
longer to exist. The funny thing is, in the most recent issue of PSubject: Amber Systems HomeBase
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

    Amber Systems Homebase has been advertised in old issues of PC Mag
and even reviewed in Vol 5 # 3 (Feb 11, 1986) "The Organizing Principle"
in which it is given a rave review by Richard Aarons. It is said to have
been written by some guys who left Borland, as a competitor to SideKick.
I would very much like to order a copy, however the company seems no
longer to exist. The funny thing is, in the most recent issue of PC Mag,
I have come across two mail-order ads that purport to sell HomeBase:
LogicSoft (under Misc/Utilities, $45) and Warehouse Data Products
(under Utilities, $39). I have called both companies, and neither have
the product listed in their order computers, both salesmen were confused
about my trying to place the order. Does anyone have any info about where I
can get this product? Also, any reviews of this software would be helpful.
Does anyone actually have it? Did it ever exist? Am I going crazy?
                                  Thanks very much,
                                        Tom Shields

galvin@uo.utexas.edu (Peter Galvin) (01/15/87)

I believe that homebase was taken over (or at least is now marketed by)
Brown Bag software.  These guys are also distributing a version of PC-Write.
There should be adds in recent magazines...

					--Pete
					--Pete