[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Want: Comments on VMS for PC/XT?AT Compatibles

kuo@skatter.UUCP (01/25/87)

In article <1009@encore.UUCP>, paradis@encore.UUCP (Jim Paradis) writes:

> You must be thinking of PCUNIX from Wendin (maybe they changed the name
> to PCNX after being pressured from AT&T, I don't know...).  When I first
> looked at it, it seemed too good to be true too... UNIX with source for
> $99.  They also sell two other products: PCVMS (a VMS-like OS of all things
> for the PC!!) and the Operating System Toolbox, which supposedly lets you
> design your own multitasking PC kernels.
>
> ...[deleted]...

Can Jim comment on Wendin's PCVMS as well? Or anyone else has comments
on this product or similar products (related to VMS)? Thanks!

... Peter/
Peter Kuo                    Bitnet (VMS address)    : KUO@SASK
Accelerator Laboratory              (UUCP address)   : "skatter!kuo@sask.uucp"
(a.k.a. The Beam Warehouse)
Univ. of Saskatchewan          uucp (unix address)   : !ihnp4!sask!skatter!kuo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan             (Bitnet address) : !ihnp4!sask.BITNET!kuo
CANADA  S7N 0W0
Tel. (306) 966-6059

[Disclaimer: all the standard stuff.]