[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Desqview environment

kneller@ucsfcgl.UUCP (02/01/87)

In article <1312@sci.UUCP> phil@sci.UUCP (Phil Kaufman) writes:

>One think DV can't seem to do is pass the ENVIRONMENT variables that you have
>set (other that PATH etc) to a DOS window. Anyone know how to work around this?

Since autoexec is a batch file, it will take an argument.  I put all my
"sets" at the top of the autoexec and before the memres stuff goes in an:
"if not %1x==x goto end".  On cold boot, the whole file gets loaded because
the batch file doesn't get an argument.  From DV I load the command
"C:\autoexec.bat foo", in which case only the "sets" get done again.
-----
	Don Kneller
UUCP:	...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!kneller
ARPA:	kneller@cgl.ucsf.edu