[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Bulletin Board Software

chapman@fornax.uucp (John Chapman) (01/14/87)

.
.
>    That club also distributes the SIG/M(CPM) and PC-BLUE disks for
>    about $6-9US. The address for the disks is :
>                                       SIG/M
>                                       PO BOX 97
>                                       Iselin, NJ 08030
>    The BBS number is (201) 753 9758, the programs are free there.
>    This information came from Micro/Systems Journal, Dec 1986 201-522-9347.
>
> -- Rick Tillbrook
>    ihnp4!mhuxi!crayinc
>
>    I have no connection to the magazine or the disk sales, only a subscriber.
>
> !

I recently bought the entire 237 volume PC-BLUE collection of msdos pd and
shareware software and while I do not wish to get into the business of
distributing software (no time) I am willing to make a limited number
of copies (say 2-4) of the complete collection available at a much more
reasonable price (say $220 US including shipping) than any of the
distribution points I have seen charge (how's that for a long sentence?).
I arc'd each of the volumes and stuck them on my hard disk and then used
BACKUP to put them on floppies (resulting in some savings in floppies).
As I said I don't want to do this on a regular basis (it takes about a day
to make a copy) but for 2-4 people (if there are that many interested)
I wouldn't mind. If you are interested send email to the address below.

{watmath,ihnp4,uw-beaver}!ubc-vision!sfucmpt!sfulccr!chapman

 p.s. I posted this followup then decided the subject line should be changed to a more
    appropriate one; I tried to cancel the original followup but apologies if
     it did get out.

sharp@usceast.UUCP (02/01/87)

[ What does a line eater look like, anyway? ]

   {@@}
    <>

Greetings,
	Our chapter of the ACM here at USC is planning to start a RBBS and
is in need of BBS software. As I am they only one with access to USEnet I
get to be the one to ask for help. Any ideas or suggestions would be
appreciated. If possible we would like to get our hands on some code ASAP
as time grows short for our bank account.

	Thanks in advance,

		Harry Sharp

        Harry Sharp

        USMail : Dept of Computer Science, USC, Columbia, SC 29208
        BITNET : T170126 @ UNIVSCVM
        E-mail : {from elsewhere!akgua | inhp4}!usceast!sharp

  "Logic is not binding on a legislative body." Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass)

  Disclaimer : My opinions are for sale. Licensing agreements can be arranged.

        Harry Sharp

        USMail : Dept of Computer Science, USC, Columbia, SC 29208
        BITNET : T170126 @ UNIVSCVM
        E-mail : {from elsewhere!akgua|inhp4}!usceast!sharp

  "Logic is not binding on a legislative body." Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass)

  Disclaimer : My opinions are for sale. Licensing agreements can be arranged.

myxm@lanl.UUCP (02/05/87)

Try the following phone numbers to get ahold of a copy of RBBS (source
too).

Great Falls VA RBBS #1 703-759-5049 #2 703-759-9659
Concord     CA RBBS    415-689-2090

I believe that the current version is up to 14D. I dont know for sure
because I dumpped RBBS infavor of different things. (Take a look at an
OPUS board sometime -- Fidonet mail compatible and better than Fido!)

Mike Mitchell
myxm@lanl.arpa
<backbone>!cmcl2!lanl!myxm

pozar@hoptoad.UUCP (02/06/87)

In article <12425@lanl.ARPA> myxm@a.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:

>I believe that the current version is up to 14D. I dont know for sure
>because I dumpped RBBS infavor of different things. (Take a look at an
>OPUS board sometime -- Fidonet mail compatible and better than Fido!)
>
>Mike Mitchell
>myxm@lanl.arpa
><backbone>!cmcl2!lanl!myxm

   If it's better than Fido, why do you need to exit Opus and run Fido to
send mail out?

--
        Tim Pozar
UUCP    pozar@hoptoad.UUCP