[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo Pascal troubles

billw@felix.UUCP (02/09/87)

In article <163@arcsun.UUCP> rob@arcsun.UUCP (Rob Aitken) writes:
>Here is another question for the Turbo [Pascal] wizards out there:
>
>Why is it that when I compile a program on an AT with a color monitor
>then try to run it on another AT with a monochrome monitor the program
>doesn't work? The reverse case also does not work.
>Even a simple program ...
>will hang a system with a different type of monitor than the one it
>was compiled on. Is there some way to get around this? I am tired of
>having to compile two versions of every program.

Sounds to me like you configured Turbo Pascal (using TINST) for each
system's particular display.  This will cause TP to force the display
to match the one on which the program was compiled.  This is really
only useful if you have more than one display on one system and care on
which one the output appears.  Try using TINST to set the display type
to "Default" and recompile your program.  That will cause TP to first
determine which adaptor is currently being used and do its setup
appropriately.
Regards, Bill Weinberger
FileNet Corporation       ...! {decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax} !trwrb!felix!billw
	"We have to shout above the din of our Rice Krispies."