[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Borland Turbo C?

todd@uhccux.UUCP (02/09/87)

I just read that Borland has released or is getting ready to release a
Turbo C compiler system.  Has anyone in netland seen this beastie?

I have Microsoft C 4.0 and DeSmet C 2.5 and am looking for something in
between the two of them for program development.  Microsoft C 4.0 is great in terms of completeness and UNIX
compatibility, but it is a real slowpoke in compiling and linking.  DeSmet
is a speed demon but doesn't have all the libraries I would like.

thanks in advance for the Turbo C info...todd

--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Computing Center
UUCP:		{ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!todd

brown@nicmad.UUCP (02/10/87)

In article <313@uhccux.UUCP> todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) writes:
>I just read that Borland has released or is getting ready to release a
>Turbo C compiler system.  Has anyone in netland seen this beastie?

The latest issue of PC Magazine arrived today.  Inside the front cover
are the normal Borland ads.  New to the cover pages are Turbo Basic and
Turbo C.  Basic for $99.00 and C for intro price of $99.95.
--
	 harvard-\	 ihnp4-\
Mr. Video   seismo!uwvax.......!nicmad!brown	(How I hate 4 line .sigs!)