[comp.sys.ibm.pc] asynch port resident device driver wanted

joe@erix.UUCP (01/29/87)

- Wanted Help with resident device driver

I need a resident device driver that can handle an RS 232 port

- the MS-DOS driver for COM1: seems to be severely brain damaged

I want to replace it with a driver that has the following characteristics:

 - Buffers all incoming characters to the port
 - Buffers outgoing characters
 - support flow control XON/XOFF
 - The virtual device representing the port should be opened and closed
   as if it were a normal DOS file, reading from the device should extract
   single characters from the buffer or return end_of_file if the buffer is
   empty.

 - If such a driver (hopefully PD) exists please e-mail me

 - Failing this I'd appreciate tips on how to write such a driver using
   Turbo Pascal

 - Thanks in advance

sbanner1@uvicctr.UUCP (02/14/87)

In article <1267@erix.UUCP> joe@erix.UUCP (Joe Armstrong) writes:
>- Wanted Help with resident device driver

>I need a resident device driver that can handle an RS 232 port

If there is one of these about, could you send me a copy to.

                    Thanks

                      S. John Banner

...!{uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!uvicctr!sbanner1
ccsjb@uvvm
sbanner1@uvunix.UVIC.CDN

#1 1121 Fort St.
Victoria BC.
Canada
V8V 3K9

jjc@sdiris1.UUCP (02/15/87)

In article <223@uvicctr.UUCP>, sbanner1@uvicctr.UUCP (S. John Banner) writes:
> In article <1267@erix.UUCP> joe@erix.UUCP (Joe Armstrong) writes:
> >- Wanted Help with resident device driver
>
> >I need a resident device driver that can handle an RS 232 port
>
> If there is one of these about, could you send me a copy to.

Please just post a copy, or send me a copy too.
I am interested in the same.

UUCP: ...!sdcsvax!jack!man!sdiris1!jim |  Jim Carter
Work : +1 619 450 6516                 |  Control Data Corporation (CIM)
Home : +1 619 455 0607                 |  4455 Eastgate Mall,