[comp.sys.ibm.pc] IBM PC BBS lists

tk@cvl.UUCP (01/29/87)

If anyone out there has a list of IBM BBSes in North America, could they please
email me a copy?  I'm especially interested in those located in Maryland and
Virginia, specifically, the D.C. area.  Thanks much!

-eli

Eli Liang (temporarily, tk@cvl.umd.edu or ...!seismo!umcp-cs!cvl!tk)
--
 Tharakesh Siddalingaiah ---
      University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab,     (301) 454-5858

shipley@miro.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (01/31/87)

In article <1983@cvl.umd.edu> tk@lemuria.UUCP (Tharakesh Siddalingaiah) writes:

>If anyone out there has a list of IBM BBSes in North America, could they please
>email me a copy?  I'm especially interested in those located in Maryland and
>Virginia, specifically, the D.C. area.  Thanks much!

I am also interested in a list of BBSes but those located on the
west coast also!

Maybe there should be a posting!

John O'Conner
email:   shipley@miro.berkeley.edu     Flames:  cc-29@cory.berkeley.edu
         ucbvax!miro!shipley                    ucbvax!cory!cc-29

Spelling                                Quote:  "Then one night I saw the
corections: /dev/null                            light and now there
                                                 is nothing more to see"

jkg@gitpyr.UUCP (02/01/87)

In article <17140@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> shipley@miro.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Peter Shipley) writes:
>In article <1983@cvl.umd.edu> tk@lemuria.UUCP (Tharakesh Siddalingaiah) writes:
>>If anyone out there has a list of IBM BBSes in North America, could they
>>please
>>email me a copy?  I'm especially interested in those located in Maryland and
>>Virginia, specifically, the D.C. area.  Thanks much!

>I am also interested in a list of BBSes but those located on the
>west coast also!

>Maybe there should be a posting!

In every issue of "Computer Shopper", there is a list of bulletin boards in
the U.S., sorted by area code. While this is by no means a complete list, it
should be enough to keep almost anybody busy for quite a while. I would ven-
ture to say that a posting of *every* BBS in North America would be pretty
large (the list in "Computer Shopper" is generally several pages long).

						Jim Greenlee

--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!

jsm@vax1.UUCP (02/03/87)

In article <17140@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> shipley@miro.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Peter Shipley) writes:
>In article <1983@cvl.umd.edu> tk@lemuria.UUCP (Tharakesh Siddalingaiah) writes:
>>If anyone out there has a list of IBM BBSes in North America, could they please
>>email me a copy?  I'm especially interested in those located in Maryland and
>>Virginia, specifically, the D.C. area.  Thanks much!
>I am also interested in a list of BBSes but those located on the
>west coast also!

I'll post a copy of the latest Darwin list sometime next week when I get it.

Jon Meltzer
Cornell University
"A growing excited university"

byrnes@ge-dab.UUCP (02/16/87)

Line eater food.....

The magazine Computer Shopper, carries in every
issue a many page list of BBS's.

  If you want to find IBM bbs's, that is the place
  to start.

                                             Arthur J. Byrnes
UUCP:   ...!mcnc!ge-rtp!ge-dab!byrnes        General Electric
GEnet:  advax::byrnes                        1800 Volusia Ave, Rm 4412
Voice:  +1 904 258 2507                      Daytona Beach, FL 32015

Disclaimer; These views are those only of the author, Arthur.