[comp.sys.ibm.pc] External 2400

coulter@hpclisp.UUCP (02/04/87)

I have been quite happy with my U.S. Robotics Courier 2400 modem.  The
price from PC Networks was under $400 9 months ago.

-- Michael Coulter   ..ucbvax!hpda!hpcllld!coulter

ccs016@deneb.UUCP (02/07/87)

> I have been quite happy with my U.S. Robotics Courier 2400 modem.  The
> price from PC Networks was under $400 9 months ago.
>
> -- Michael Coulter   ..ucbvax!hpda!hpcllld!coulter

They're at $349 now. Many places carry them at this price too.
Check Byte for more info ... they are really good modems.

sjc@arthur.cs.purdue.edu.UUCP (02/09/87)

In article <142@ucdavis.UUCP>, ccs016@ucdavis.UUCP (Patrick Tully) writes:

> > I have been quite happy with my U.S. Robotics Courier 2400 modem.  The
> > price from PC Networks was under $400 9 months ago.
> >
> > -- Michael Coulter   ..ucbvax!hpda!hpcllld!coulter
>
> They're at $349 now. Many places carry them at this price too.
> Check Byte for more info ... they are really good modems.

I'd also recommend the Signalman Lightning 24 from Anchor
Automation.  I'm using it right now, and it works like
a charm.

Steve Chapin                    |      Chapin's Law of Motion:
ARPA:  sjc@purdue.edu           |      You can get anywhere in 10 minutes
UUCP:  ...!purdue!sjc           |      if you drive fast enough.

berger@clio.UUCP (02/09/87)

They may be adequate for the price, but I'd like to know how anybody
can call them "really good modems".  That's insulting.

chris@beaver.UUCP (02/18/87)

In article <620001@hpclisp.HP.COM> coulter@hpclisp.HP.COM (Michael Coulter) writes:

>I have been quite happy with my U.S. Robotics Courier 2400 modem.  The
>price from PC Networks was under $400 9 months ago.
>
>-- Michael Coulter   ..ucbvax!hpda!hpcllld!coulter

I purchased 2400 baud version of 'THE' modem from PC Network around August.
This modem has proven to be highly reliable, truly Hayes compatible, and
reasonable priced. It has been left on 24 hours a day. It works with very
well with Hayes command set specific software, "Smart Com", "Relay",
"Cross Talk", and others. In addition, I just purchased another one.
How much??? $250! That's even after shipping and those additional charges.

	Chris Smith
	{allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis, psuvax1}!pitt!darth!beaver!davep