[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ZMODEM for MS-DOS?

gobbel@parcvax.UUCP (02/17/87)

****************

Recently, the sources for two programs that implement the ZMODEM
protocol for UNIX were posted to net.sources.  Sounds like a good
protocol, now what I need is something that uses it on the MS-DOS side
of the connection.  The documentation that came with the Unix version
mentioned a program called Professional-YAM, and a couple of others,
but I haven't been able to find any of them, either in stores or in
places like SIMTEL20, BBS's, etc.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

-Randy Gobbel
Arpanet: Gobbel.pa@xerox.com
Phone: (415)494-4363, (415)968-6799

dparker@crash.UUCP (02/19/87)

>From: gobbel@parcvax.Xerox.COM (Randy Gobbel)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
>Subject: ZMODEM for MS-DOS?
>Date: 16 Feb 87 22:13:06 GMT  <posted Tue, 17 Feb 87 04:36:57 PST>
>
>****************
>
>Recently, the sources for two programs that implement the ZMODEM
>protocol for UNIX were posted to net.sources.  Sounds like a good
>protocol, now what I need is something that uses it on the MS-DOS side
>of the connection.  The documentation that came with the Unix version
>mentioned a program called Professional-YAM, and a couple of others,
>but I haven't been able to find any of them, either in stores or in
>places like SIMTEL20, BBS's, etc.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
>-Randy Gobbel
>Arpanet: Gobbel.pa@xerox.com
>Phone: (415)494-4363, (415)968-6799

There is a PD program floating around BBS's called DSZ1229.ARC.  It claims to
add Zmodem protocol to your favorite comm program.  If you can't locate it,
send me E-mail and I'll make it available.  There is one just starting to
appear called ZCOMM or something similar.  I'm not sure what it is.

        UUCP: {akgua, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!dparker
        ARPA: crash!pnet01!dparker
        INET: dparker@pnet01.CTS.COM

                      Dave Parker (voice 619/565-3276)
                      County of San Diego (O338)
                      5555 Overland Avenue
                      San Diego, CA  92123

     Disclaimers?  What disclaimers?  We don' need no stinkin' disclaimers!!
           But....... yes, these are *MY* opinions.  Get your own!