[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for CP/M->MSDOS copier

crimmins@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu.UUCP (02/24/87)

/* Written 10:38 am  Feb 21, 1987 by cagordon@watnot.UUCP in uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */

>Hi. Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a program to copy files of any
>size from a CP/M format disk to an MSDOS disk?
>
>Chris Gordon                     UUCP: {abunchasystems}!watmath!watnot!cagordon

I've used a program called CONVERT before, and it seemed to work quite well.
The version I used was a couple of years old, and did not support the
Commodore format directly.  You can define your own formats, too.  Perhaps
updated versions do support the Commodore explicitly.  You can contact the
manufacturer at:

			Selfware, Inc.
			3545 Chain Bridge Rd.
			Suite 3
			Fairfax, VA  22030
			(703) 352-2977

Again, that's a couple years old, and might not be valid today.
Good Luck!

----
Dan Crimmins
Computing Services Office - Micro Consulting Dept.

ARPA:	crimmins@uiucuxc.cso.uiuc.edu
BITNET:	crimmins@uiucuxc.bitnet
CSNET:	crimmins@uiucuxc.csnet
UUCP:	{ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!crimmins

luis@grinch.UUCP (02/25/87)

In article <12485@watnot.UUCP> cagordon@watnot.UUCP (Chris Gordon) writes:

>Hi. Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a program to copy files of any
>size from a CP/M format disk to an MSDOS disk? I have one but the file size is
>limited to ~40K. I need to copy a file around ~60K. I am running CP/M 3.0+ on
>a Commodore 128. I prefer it to copy from CP/M format disks but will settle
>for copying from CBM DOS disks. Any and all help will be much appreciated.
>
>Chris

Chris, have you tried a program called Uniform?  I am not sure if it will
handle Commodore disks, but it handles TONS of different disk type.  It
also supports 3.5", 5.25", 8", SS, DD, and QD drives...  It's truely
an amazing product!!  I don't know the name of the company that makes it
or their address or phone number, but here is the complete name of the
software package:

                 Uniform-PC

So, maybe you can find it in a local computer store.  I have seen many
stores which carry it.  Be sure it reads your disk before you purchase
it (If you decide to buy it).  This is not the only software package
which does this, so be sure to look around..  Hope I helped ya out
a little bit, as well as someone else...
Luis Chanu                             "Live every day as if it were your last
UUCP: ihnp4!sun!altos86!grinch!luis       because one day you will be right."