[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Lotus - ver. 2.0

rvc@uop.UUCP (02/27/87)

	Has anyone out there had any success at getting Lotus
version 2.0 to use a spooler? I have tried AST - Superpak's
print spooler, however, Lotus's Printgraph and regular worksheet
print functions do not appear to take advantage of the spooler. Does
Lotus use it's own printer drivers to print data?
	Any suggestions on to get Lotus to use a spooler would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

coffee@aero.UUCP (03/03/87)

In article <131@uop.UUCP> rvc@uop.UUCP (Richard Cardoza) writes:

>	Has anyone out there had any success at getting Lotus
>version 2.0 to use a spooler?...

I believe you can tell 1-2-3 to print to "DOS Device LPTn:" to make
it respect things like print spoolers. This should appear as an interface
option.
						- PC Coffee

madd@bucsb.bu.edu.UUCP (03/04/87)

In article <8057@aero.ARPA> coffee@aero.UUCP (Peter C. Coffee) writes:
>In article <131@uop.UUCP> rvc@uop.UUCP (Richard Cardoza) writes:
>>
>>	Has anyone out there had any success at getting Lotus
>>version 2.0 to use a spooler?...
>
>I believe you can tell 1-2-3 to print to "DOS Device LPTn:" to make
>it respect things like print spoolers. This should appear as an interface
>option.
>						- PC Coffee

Umm, so far as I have been able to tell, 1-2-3 sends to DOS device
PRN.  I suspect this because:

	* it works on our serial printer when you set prn to use com1:
	  (this is on a true blue AT)
	* it operates correctly through our printer spool
	* we have some REALLY funny hardware that emulates a printer
	  without the presence of a printer card, and it works there, too.

Therefore any spooler that worked by intercepting output to PRN should
work (which is to say, just about every print spooler).

                   - Jim Frost * The Madd Hacker -
UUCP:  ..!harvard!bu-cs!bucsb!madd | ARPANET: madd@bucsb.bu.edu
CSNET: madd%bucsb@bu-cs            | BITNET:  cscc71c@bostonu
"Oh beer, oh beer." -- Me      |      [=(BEER) <- Bud the Beer (cheers!)