[comp.sys.ibm.pc] SCCS or RCS for MS-DOS

michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (03/03/87)

Does something like SCCS or RCS exist in the MS-DOS world?  I'm not just
referring to maintaining multiple versions of a file, but to the compaction
that SCCS (and I assume RCS, although I've never used it) provides by virtue
of only adding those lines of a new version of a file that differ from the
corresponding lines in previous versions of that file.  I.e. I want to keep
multiple versions without clogging up my hard disk.  (Sounds like it would be
great with an optical disk too, whenever those become available...)
--
Mike Maxwell
Boeing Advanced Technology Center

bright@dataio.UUCP (03/04/87)

In article <477@bcsaic.UUCP> michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (Michael Maxwell) writes:
>Does something like SCCS or RCS exist in the MS-DOS world?  I'm not just
>referring to maintaining multiple versions of a file, but to the compaction
>that SCCS (and I assume RCS, although I've never used it) provides by virtue
>of only adding those lines of a new version of a file that differ from the
>corresponding lines in previous versions of that file.  I.e. I want to keep
>multiple versions without clogging up my hard disk.

Sure. Datalight sells one for MS-DOS. Call Datalight at (206) 367-1803
or (800) 221-6630. Datalight also sells a C compiler for the PC.

I have no connection with Datalight other than the fact that I wrote the
C compiler and receive money for it.