[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Program accessibility

brandon@tdi2.UUCP (03/03/87)

Quoted from <1108@uwmacc.UUCP> ["Re: "pr" for dos"], by anderson@uwmacc.UUCP (Jess Anderson)...
+---------------
| In article <286@micropro.UUCP|, mojo@micropro.UUCP (Morris Jones) writes:
| | My object was to make it look as much like vanilla UNIX pr as possible.
| | Following is the (UNIX-style) manual page for my pr.  My object is
| | to see if there is enough interest for me to post the executable
| | and source.  None of it is tremendously large, but I'd rather find out
| | first.
|
| Man pages looked good to me. How about posting it to SIMTEL20's MSDOS
| archive? That way everyone who wanted it later could get it. As for me,
+---------------

Unless someone has a nice way for UUCP-only sites to ftp something from
Intenet sites, *please* don't assume that sending it to an Internet site will
make it available to everybody.  Many's the time I've waited for some program
announced on the net to be posted... only to find, in the next Info-IBMPC
Digest, the words ``has been placed in the Info-IBMPC lending library''.
Which makes it TOTALLY inaccessible to me, as I have neither an account on
an Internet machine nor friends with such.

++Brandon
--
``for is he not of the Children of Luthien?  Never shall that line fail, though
the years may lengthen beyond count.''  --J. R. R. Tolkien

Brandon S. Allbery	           UUCP: cbatt!cwruecmp!ncoast!tdi2!brandon
Tridelta Industries, Inc.         CSNET: ncoast!allbery@Case
7350 Corporate Blvd.	       INTERNET: ncoast!allbery%Case.CSNET@relay.CS.NET
Mentor, Ohio 44060		  PHONE: +1 216 255 1080 (home) +1 216 974 9210

rps@homxc.UUCP (03/04/87)

We have all this discussion about Simtel20 and whatnot, but what
ever happened to the pr program for DOS?  I would love that program!

Russ Sharples
homxc!rps

164485913@excalibur.UUCP (Schaffer) (03/05/87)

In article <121@homxc.UUCP>, rps@homxc.UUCP (R.SHARPLES) writes:
> We have all this discussion about Simtel20 and whatnot, but what
> ever happened to the pr program for DOS?  I would love that program!
>
> Russ Sharples
> homxc!rps

I would also like to have a copy of this progam!

For some strange reason (no matter what path I use) when I try to get to
my messages to Simtel20.arpa, they always seem to get stopped by the same
node.  Alas, I have no acess to the program, so posting it in a fashion
accessible to UUCP users would be helpful, to say the least!

just a thought...

| Mark Schaffer          |  Disclaimer:  The preceding ideas are mine,|
| Villanova University   |               all mine, except in cases of |
| (Go Wildcats!!)        |               being brainwashed by others. |
| Don't let the turkeys  | Kirk (about Spock): "...he took too much   |
| get you down!          |                      LDS in the '60's."    |
|======================================================================
| US SNAIL:    314 Grays Lane, Haverford, PA  19041                   |
| Collie Net:  #1/804 or #9/804             Reduced to a mere number! |
|                                                  /                  |
| UUCP:      ...ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913             |
|                 ...burdvax!/                                        |
|                 ...cbmvax!/     or simply: 164485913@excalibur.UUCP |
|                 ...pyrnj!/                                          |
|                 ... bpa!/                                           |
| BITNET:      164485913@vuvaxcom                                     |

mojo@micropro.UUCP (Morris Jones) (03/06/87)

Two folks who had wearied of the simtel.20 discussion ask where is PR
for DOS.

It was posted last week here in comp.sys.ibm.pc.  If it didn't arrive at
your site, send me mail and I'll send you a copy.

--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Int'l Corp., Product Development

paradis@encore.UUCP (Jim Paradis) (03/06/87)

In article <70@excalibur.UUCP> 164485913@excalibur.UUCP (Schaffer) writes:
>In article <121@homxc.UUCP>, rps@homxc.UUCP (R.SHARPLES) writes:
>For some strange reason (no matter what path I use) when I try to get to
>my messages to Simtel20.arpa, they always seem to get stopped by the same
>node.  Alas, I have no acess to the program, so posting it in a fashion
>accessible to UUCP users would be helpful, to say the least!

Make sure that whatever path you use does NOT go through seismo!  They
block messages from simtel20 precisely because it causes so much
traffic.

   +----------------+  Jim Paradis                  linus--+
+--+-------------+  |  Encore Computer Corp.       necntc--|
|  | E N C O R E |  |  257 Cedar Hill St.           ihnp4--+-encore!paradis
|  +-------------+--+  Marlboro MA 01752           decvax--|
+----------------+     (617) 460-0500             talcott--+
You don't honestly think ENCORE is responsible for this??!!