[comp.sys.ibm.pc] format of PCPaint output files

jon@amc.UUCP (02/23/87)

    I recently received some files which I believe are in PC-Paint format
(I think they were created by PC-Paint).  I would like to output these files
to an Apple Laserwriter+.  Does anyone have information on the format which
they could forward to me?

--
Jon Mandrell    (ihnp4!uw-beaver!tikal!amc!jon)
Applied Microsystems Corp.

All I want is the chance to prove that the statement "Money is not
everything" is wrong.

klotz@aicchi.UUCP (Klotzbach) (03/07/87)

In article <331@amc.UUCP> jon@amc.UUCP (Jon Mandrell) writes:
>    I recently received some files which I believe are in PC-Paint format
>(I think they were created by PC-Paint).  I would like to output these files
>to an Apple Laserwriter+.  Does anyone have information on the format which
>they could forward to me?

Pc-Paint uses the IBM BASIC BLOAD format. That is, it contains a 2-integer
address, 1 Integer size and 16K bytes of color information as described for
320 X 200 color graphics. For this application, one can ignore the first
2 words, and use the second word for byte count. Then each nibble of the
remaining text represents a pixel color.