[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Info about WYSE

nadkarni@erlang.dec.com.UUCP (03/05/87)

Does anyone out there have any experience (good/bad) with
WYSE Technologies. In particular, I'm interested in the WYSE PC+ and
WY-630 monitor but general information about their product quality
would also be helpful as would any pointers to reviews in any magazines.

Thanks in advance,

                  Ashok Nadkarni
                  Digital Equip. Corp.
                  ....!decvax!decwrl!rhea!erlang!nadkarni

mobo@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Samuel Wilson) (03/05/87)

In article <8446@decwrl.DEC.COM> nadkarni@erlang.dec.com (Ashok P. Nadkarni DTN 226-7448) writes:
>Does anyone out there have any experience (good/bad) with
>WYSE Technologies. In particular, I'm interested in the WYSE PC+ . . .

I would like to be copied with any experiences and comments about
the Wyses  -- especially the Wyse 286 and the PC+ (or 1400)

Samuel Wilson         ..ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!mobo
                            FOTMOBO@UCHMVS1.Bitnet
University of Chicago, Division of Social Sciences

geller@eli.UUCP (David Geller) (03/06/87)

In article <8446@decwrl.DEC.COM>, nadkarni@erlang.dec.com (Ashok P. Nadkarni DTN 226-7448) writes:
> Does anyone out there have any experience (good/bad) with
> WYSE Technologies. In particular, I'm interested in the WYSE PC+ and
> WY-630 monitor but general information about their product quality
> would also be helpful as would any pointers to reviews in any magazines.

This is of general use and worth posting. I recommend, highly, the
Wyse WY-30/60 terminal. I have heard many so-so remarks about their
other, older, terminal products. Based upon personal experiences,
however, I would recommend their products. Their documentation seems
very good and the support I have received up to now has been very
good. Again - if you are looking for a great low cost, well-made
terminal (for multi-user/PC applications, etc.) go with the WY-30.
What a great little keyboard.

David Geller
Electric Logic, Inc.
Washington, D.C.

backman@interlan.UUCP (Larry Backman) (03/06/87)

In article <8446@decwrl.DEC.COM> nadkarni@erlang.dec.com (Ashok P. Nadkarni DTN 226-7448) writes:
>Does anyone out there have any experience (good/bad) with
>WYSE Technologies.

	Interlan has about 10 WSE AT's, one of which sits on my desk.  I love
	it!!!  Of all the various types of clones, the WYSE seems the best.
	We have been able to put an number of hardware boards, memory, comms
	cards, graphics cards, into the WSES with no problem.  They are fast
	(10 Mhz.) and solid, as well as "ergonometricl designed".  When I
	recommend machines to friends, I suggest WYSES!

					Larry Backman

elwell@osu-eddie.UUCP (Clayton Elwell) (03/07/87)

I understand that Wyse is now the largest terminal manufacturer in the
world.  I have used several of their terminals, the Wyse PC+, and the
Wyse286 (their 10 Mhz AT clone).  If I were going to buy PC or AT
clones right now, these are the ones I would buy.  They are as solid as
anything else I've used (including an IBM PC/AT), and they have one major
feature that I find very important: they're not ugly.  They got a real
industrial designer to design the enclosures, so that they look like
something you'd want to have on your desk, rather than a small microwave
oven...

In short, I think Wyse makes the IBM compatible machines of choice.

-=-
Total Nuclear Annihilation:				Clayton Elwell
The Ultimate Error Message.			Elwell@Ohio-State.ARPA
					   ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!elwell