[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Forms for printing address books, calendars etc.

michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (03/07/87)

I've been looking everywhere for paper about 4" x 5" or so to print out
address books, calendars, etc.  All I can find is: 8 1/2" x 11" (or larger),
or file cards, or gummed labels.  What I really want is pages that I
could stick in a small notebook.  Preferably they should be drilled to fit
in a ring binder.  Why?  Well, I don't carry my computer around with me, and a
hand-written address book seems an anachronism (besides, with everyone so
mobile, it quickly fills up with scribbled notes, and I can never find
anyone's address).  To my surprise, no one seems to carry such pages--I've
tried computer stores, office supply stores, the back pages of PC Mag.

For a bonus, someone could point me to a program (public domain?) that
splits a paginated file into two files--one with the odd numbered pages,
one with the even.  Then I can print out one, turn the paper over in my
printer, and print out the other side (so my notebook will be slimmer--
it's not that I'm *that* much of a cheapskate!).  (Guess I could roll my
own--but I *am* that lazy!)

--
Mike Maxwell
Boeing Advanced Technology Center

raanan@bc-cis.UUCP (03/12/87)

In article <522@bcsaic.UUCP> michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (Michael Maxwell) writes:
>I've been looking everywhere for paper about 4" x 5" or so to print out
>address books, calendars, etc.  All I can find is: 8 1/2" x 11" (or larger),
>or file cards, or gummed labels.  What I really want is pages that I
>could stick in a small notebook.  Preferably they should be drilled to fit
>in a ring binder.
>--
>Mike Maxwell

	I know of a public domain program called "BLOUQBK" (they use a similar
name to the little-black-book - a famous software that print little address
books ). With this program you create a data-base of names and address, print
them in condenced mode on your printer, cut the result and staple - to create
a nice small address book ( 5'' by 3'').
	This program can be down-loaded from many BBSs and also from a BBS I
use that is called BC-BBS at 718-780-5029 (Brooklyn, NY).
	The program can export/import from text files and dBASE files.

Raanan Herrmann  (...!delftcc,phri!bc-cis!raanan)

flowers@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/15/87)

In article <522@bcsaic.UUCP> michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (Michael Maxwell) writes:
>I've been looking everywhere for paper about 4" x 5" or so to print out
>address books, calendars, etc.  All I can find is: 8 1/2" x 11" (or larger),
>or file cards, or gummed labels.  What I really want is pages that I
>could stick in a small notebook.  ...

>For a bonus, someone could point me to a program (public domain?) that
>splits a paginated file into two files--one with the odd numbered pages,
>one with the even.  Then I can print out one, turn the paper over in my
>printer, and print out the other side ...

You could always use any program that output your schedule & addresses
(such as traveling sidekick) and then do a reduction photocopy of it,
two-sided.  No it's not a program but by the time you've taken N
attempts to make your printer print out the pages properly lined up