[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Who sells PC/VI?

konigsfe@uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU (03/06/87)

I seem to have forgotten who sells PC/VI.  Could any of you netlanders
help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Kris Konigsfeld
UUCP:	 {ihnp4,seismo,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uicsrd!konigsfe
ARPANET: konigsfe%uicsrd@a.cs.uiuc.edu
CSNET:	 konigsfe%uicsrd@uiuc.csnet
BITNET:	 konigsfe@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu

neighorn@qiclab.UUCP (Steven C. Neighorn) (03/15/87)

In article <42900004@uicsrd> konigsfe@uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU writes:
>I seem to have forgotten who sells PC/VI.  Could any of you netlanders
>help me out.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Kris Konigsfeld

PC/VI Full Screen Editor is sold by

Custom Software Systems
      P.O. Box 678
   Natick, MA   01760
      617-653-2555

This program is a godsend for anyone who has to use both unix and msdos
and hates to switch editors back and forth. Special versions for 80186/
80286/80386 are included. A CTAGS program and a splitter program for
breaking up large text files are also included. I highly recommend the
package.

--
Steven C. Neighorn                tektronix!{psu-cs,reed}!qiclab!neighorn
Portland Public Schools      "Where we train young Star Fighters to defend the

keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (03/20/87)

In article <413@qiclab.UUCP> neighorn@qiclab.UUCP (Steven C. Neighorn) writes:
>In article <42900004@uicsrd> konigsfe@uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU writes:
>>I seem to have forgotten who sells PC/VI.  Could any of you netlanders
>>help me out.
>>

>PC/VI Full Screen Editor is sold by
>
>Custom Software Systems
>      P.O. Box 678
>   Natick, MA   01760
>      617-653-2555
>
>This program is a godsend for anyone who has to use both unix and
>msdos...

I agree, except that I recommend purchasing the MKS Toolkit from

	Mortice Kern Systems, Inc.
	43 Bridgeport Road East
	Waterloo, Ontario
	Canada  N2J 2J4
	519-884-2251

which contains not only vi, but a Korn-ish shell (did I really write
that?!), awk, sed, cpio, dd and much, much more. Price is in the
US$140 range.

I wouldn't be without the MKS stuff on a PC. And their license is
like Borland: use it on only one machine at a time and you've
complied with the license.

And the documentation is superb! For example, I use the MKS man
pages to learn how to use awk and sed more efficently on our BSD
Unix system at work!

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give MKS a 9. They only lose 1 point because
I can't figure out how to send things to the printer without
invoking command.com - and staying there while the printer finishes.
(And that may be MY "rtfm" problem.)

keith (in no way associated with MKS, Inc.) ericson