[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS patch to default "echo off"

coffee@aero.UUCP (03/20/87)

In article <3350@iuvax.UUCP> bobmon@iuvax.UUCP (RAMontante) writes:
>So, does anyone have an "echo off" patch that will work with Zenith's MSDOS
>v3.1?  Even more important (to me), can anyone supply some context for this
>patch?

I have found the series shown in the summary in the COMPAQ DOS shipped with
both the DeskPro 286 and the 386; the indicated change works on both. I
don't know for sure how much of the context is necessarily the same, but
this should help you bracket in. Search between offsets 1800 and 2000
to start (assuming you use DEBUG and that the beginning is therefore at 100).

Good luck -- Pc^2