[comp.sys.ibm.pc] This is how to turn echo off with Zenith's DOS 3.1

reintom@rocky2.UUCP (03/26/87)

[]

Some people have recently asked how to turn echo off permanently
in batch files using Zenith's DOS version 3.1.  I did this a
while back.  The method is below.

Make a copy of COMMAND.COM.  Debug the new copy.

C>debug command.com
-e 1987
xxxx:1987  01.00
-w
Writing 5ADA bytes
-q

Put the new copy where your computer will boot from it.  Stash
away the old copy just in case.

Now batch files will have echo off unless they have an "echo on"
statement in them.

--
Tom Reingold;  The Rockefeller University; 1230 York Av; NY 10021
PHONE: (212) 570-7709 [office]; (212) 304-2504 [home]

flowers@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/27/87)

In article <350@rocky2.UUCP> reintom@rocky2.UUCP (Tom Reingold) writes:
>[]
>
>Some people have recently asked how to turn echo off permanently
>in batch files using Zenith's DOS version 3.1.  I did this a
>while back.  The method is below. ...

Can you (or anyone else) provide some context?.  I'd like to do this
for Zenith MS-DOS 3.2, and they are different.

Margot Flowers   Flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU   ...!{ucbvax|ihnp4}!ucla-cs!flowers