[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Labels Query

dougie@its63b.UUCP (03/24/87)

I will be writing a dBase III application which requires that I.D. no.s be
printed out on labels which will be small enough to stick on to test-tubes.
Approximate dimensions 1cm X 6cm. Can anyone advise me if these are available,
and if so, from whom?

--

Dougie Nisbet

University of Edinburgh      | <UUCP>  ...seismo!mcvax!ukc!its63b!dougie
Medical Statistics Unit      | <JANET> dougie@uk.ac.ed.its63b
Medical School
Teviot Place
Edinburgh

silber@batcomputer.UUCP (03/26/87)

>I will be writing a dBase III application which requires that I.D. no.s be
>printed out on labels which will be small enough to stick on to test-tubes.
>Approximate dimensions 1cm X 6cm. Can anyone advise me if these are available,
>and if so, from whom?

The smallest labels available from Moore Business Forms in their stock
catelog are 2.75" x 7/16" in one up (about 1cm x 7cm), or 2" x 7/16" in
four-up (four-wide, four-across, whatever) (1 cm x 5cm).  Cat #s are
F28365 and F28571 respectively.   Call 800-323-6230.

--
A million here, a million there ... they all add up.
Jeffrey A. Silber/silber@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

tr@thumper.UUCP (03/28/87)

In article <351@its63b.ed.ac.uk>, dougie@its63b.ed.ac.uk (D Nisbet) writes:

> I will be writing a dBase III application which requires that I.D. no.s be
> printed out on labels which will be small enough to stick on to test-tubes.
> Approximate dimensions 1cm X 6cm. Can anyone advise me if these are available,
> and if so, from whom?
>
> Dougie Nisbet
> University of Edinburgh

I had this same problem.  The best solution I found, which has been in
use now for almost two years, is to use the smallest computer labels
available, which measure about 1 inch by 3 inches, print many numbers
on them, and cut the labels with scissors.

Tom Reingold

INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.com
--------
UUCP:
----		      watmath!clyde!bellcore\
                                ucbvax\       \
     lll-lcc\              ihnp4!mhuxt!ulysses!faline!flash!tr
      seismo!rutgers!mit-eddie!allegra/
--
Tom Reingold
Internet: tr@bellcore.com