[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Redirect printer output to disk

authorplaceholder@gorgo.UUCP.UUCP (04/10/87)

In article <22@chasefrs.UUCP> djs@chasefrs.UUCP (David Snyder) writes:
>Recently a program to redirect printer output to a disk file.
>I wondered is there a way (a program would be best) which redirects keyboard
>i/o from the keyboard to a file. This would enable me to run a program that
>uses the keyboard using a stored sequence of events, and then save the printed
>output in a disk. I could then have a dbase program look through a database
>and run a program through a set senario on data it found in the database,
>store the data on a disk file, read in the values and place them in the database.
>David Snyder

I have a program called "PR2FL" that does exactly that. Recently, a friend of
mine used it for a similar application with dBase; he said that the limitations
of dBase made that the only possible solution.

It is written in assembumbler by Jim Kyle (sysop of the CLM SIG on CompuServe).
I would send it to you, but your address doesn't seem to be in our pathalias
database here.

One caveat: it is somewhat broken in that contrary to the docs, it won't accept
a path name, and the filename specified MUST be followed by a space. If you
hack 8086 assm, that should present no problem, as it comes with source.

You can also find it on my bbs:
 SOURCEry System
 [405] 728-2463
 FidoNet 19/0 aka 147/1

David Drexler
ihnp4!occrsh!gorgo!ddrex

Mandatory disclaimer: Gorgo is not, never has been, and never will be, a
FidoNet/Usenet gateway. Other than my login on both machines, there is no
connection between it and SOURCEry.