[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ARC520 posting & Request for PKARC

dalegass@dalcs.UUCP (04/16/87)

I have found that the ARC520 posting was munged a little bit somewhere in
the net.  I saw a few other people complain about this.  The problem seems
to be that the spaces got stripped off the end of the lines which didn't
end in a non-blank character.

You can repair this uuencoded file by editing it, filling each of the short
lines out with spaces to that the last space is lined up with a full line
(i.e. 61 characters).

I notice that there are 'periodic' postings of ARC to the net.  However, I've
never seen PKARC around at all.  Has it even been, and will it ever be
posted?

I realize it's available on 'any local BBS', but where I live, we don't have
local BBSs beyond the C64 level :-)

Thanks,

dalegass@dalcs.uucp

jvc@mirror.UUCP (04/17/87)

/* Written  8:31 am  Apr 16, 1987 by dalegass@dalcs.UUCP */
>I notice that there are 'periodic' postings of ARC to the net.  However, I've
>never seen PKARC around at all.  Has it even been, and will it ever be
>posted?
>
>I realize it's available on 'any local BBS', but where I live, we don't have
>local BBSs beyond the C64 level :-)
>
>Thanks,
>dalegass@dalcs.uucp

I mailed dalegass@dalcs.uucp a copy PKX34A20.COM.
If others are interested in a copy, let me know
                  -or-
if there's enough interest, someone suggest where I can post it.
There doesn't seem to be a comp.sources.ibm or comp.sources.msdos
and net.sources is now comp.sources.unix.

Jim Champeaux	jvc@mirror.TMC.COM
		{mit-eddie, ihnp4, wjh12, cca, cbosgd, seismo}!mirror!jvc
Mirror Systems,	2067 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140
Telephone:	(617) 661-0777

jkg@gitpyr.UUCP (04/18/87)

In article <2525@dalcs.UUCP> dalegass@dalcs.UUCP (Dale Gass) writes:
>I realize it's available on 'any local BBS', but where I live, we don't have
>local BBSs beyond the C64 level :-)

I have PKX33A12.COM, which is (I believe) the most recent version of PKARC.
It unbundles itself (ala ARC) into PKARC, PKXARC, and some other files. It
was posted to USENET last November. Just to show that I practice what I
preach (:-), I'll post it if there is sufficient interest. Please respond
by e-mail ONLY, so as not to clutter the net.

						Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!

tes@whuts.UUCP (04/19/87)

In article <3448@gitpyr.gatech.EDU>, jkg@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) writes:
> In article <2525@dalcs.UUCP> dalegass@dalcs.UUCP (Dale Gass) writes:
}}I realize it's available on 'any local BBS', but where I live, we don't have
}}local BBSs beyond the C64 level :-)

> I have PKX33A12.COM, which is (I believe) the most recent version of PKARC.
Wrong,
The latest is PKX42A20.COM.  My previous offer to post still holds
under the "conditions" noted.

Incidently, there seems to be some confusion about "source" code.
Neither PKware nor SEA distributes source, I asked them not too
long ago.  Where did this source code come from?  And who in their
right mind would want to take the risks?
--
  -----                    Terry Sterkel
-====----              AT&T Bell Laboratories