[comp.sys.ibm.pc] AT Query

kalra@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Devendra Kalra) (05/09/87)

I have a question about the AT disk setup.

Where and when does the system found how many disks are connected in the system.

More particularly, I friend of mine booted up an AT with DOS 2.0 and the system
refused to acknowledge the harddisk at c:. The system has three disks.
I went into debug and looked at location 0000:0410 which is the equipment
bytes that is where the system keeps the record of what equipment is connected
to the system where it indicated that the system thought there WERE three disks.

Thanks.
Devendra

davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) (05/12/87)

In article <2631@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> kalra@cit-vax.UUCP (Devendra Kalra) writes:
>I have a question about the AT disk setup.
>
>Where and when does the system found how many disks are connected
>in the system.
>
>More particularly, I friend of mine booted up an AT with
>DOS 2.0 and the system...

The AT is not supported by any version of DOS prior to 3.0. This is
similar to the person who asked about subdirestories in DOS 1.2.

--
bill davidsen			sixhub \	ARPA: wedu@ge-crd.arpa
      ihnp4!seismo!rochester!steinmetz ->  crdos1!davidsen