[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NUM/SCROLL/CAPS LOCK INDICATOR RESET PLEASE

limey@tc.fluke.COM (Paul Baldock) (05/12/87)

I would like to write a program that will reset the LOCK INDICATORS on my
BTC (IBM Clone) Enhanced Keyboard.

Does anybody know if this is possible, and if so how it should be done (memory
locations to write to etc)

Thanks,

Paul Baldock

(please reply directly and I will re-post a summary to the net)

jons@islenet.UUCP (05/15/87)

In article <1845@vax3.COM> limey@tc.fluke.COM (Paul Baldock) writes:
>I would like to write a program that will reset the LOCK INDICATORS on my
>BTC (IBM Clone) Enhanced Keyboard.
>
>Does anybody know if this is possible, and if so how it should be done (memory
>locations to write to etc)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul Baldock

I would be most interested in a program like this as I have a BTC keyboard as
well and find it irritating to have an application program reset the NUM
key so it is opposite  its normal function.

Aloha,

Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons
--
Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons
	OR
jons@islenet.hawaii.edu

stevenj@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Steven Vore ) (05/20/87)

>In article <1845@vax3.COM> limey@tc.fluke.COM (Paul Baldock) writes:
>>I would like to write a program that will reset the LOCK INDICATORS on my
>>BTC (IBM Clone) Enhanced Keyboard.

check the back of PC Magazine, within the last 4 months if I remember correctly
I'll look and post if I can find it.  There's a pair of short debug scripts,
one for NUM_LOCK and one for CAPS_LOCK.  they worked great for my Keytronics
5051 (or whatever the number is.. the one with the extra numeric keypad)

Steven J. Vore
stevenj@umbc3.umd.edu